• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BattleMAP'R - Online tool to create/print battlemaps!

weem

First Post
Myself and a co-worker recently created an online tool called "BattleMAP'R" (BattleMAPR.com). We are opening it up early (in it's ALPHA state) to get feedback and to show you what it's about.

What is it? It's a simple online tool that allows you to select and place down tiles, then generate a PDF of your creation to save and/or print! This will be perfect for 4e games ;)

Here's a quick screenshot...

battlemapr_screen.jpg

Current Features

-- Online tool means you can use it from any computer (with internet access)
-- It works on Mac's right now!
-- It works on the iPhone and Droid Incredible (all we have played with so far)
-- Place tiles across multiple layers
-- Show/Hide those layers

It has only a basic tileset right now, but it is fully functional, including the ability to generate PDF's of your creations. This is an ALPHA version, as I mentioned, so it is really bare bones at the moment, but we have a lot of ideas for future updates and are soliciting more!

Some future updates include...

-- The ability to "fill" a layer with a tile type
-- The ability to log into an account and access any map you have made
-- Flag any of your maps as "public" to share with others (who can then rate them)
-- Create your own tilesets and share them (if you choose to)
-- Generate a PDF of your map. Save it to print later, or print it right away!

After we push out a release, we will be polling those who are using it, asking them to choose from a set of updates we are considering for the next release. The popular choice(s) will be implemented next, so you have a say in the process (if you choose to).

Oh, and did I mention - this is now, and will continue to be FREE!

Anyway, check it out if you get a chance.

Thanks!

www.battlemapr.com

Are you on Twitter? Follow us --> [at]Battlemapr

Last edited:

weem

First Post
Unfortunately, you might be waiting a bit longer :(

We have some really cool updates coming SOON that IE just doesn't handle well (but the more standards-compliant browsers handle just fine). I'm not sure if you have tried them or not, but Firefox and Chrome are great browsers (that BattleMAP'R works well in).

Anyway, thanks for checking it out, we appreciate it ;)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Great tool you have there and I was wondering if you were thinking of adding a few things to help online only players. (Which I am one).

First it looks like you have it set to make 8" x 11" "tiles" from your printer which is most excellent can't have to many of them if you run a home game.

But I play (running 13 games right now) here at EnWorld only as players in my area are very few and far between. So was wondering if you are going to expand the map grid and perhaps add lettered columns (players love having their map grid labeled even though I tell them it's not necessary).

O.k. I will be playing around with what you have up so far and thanks again for the most excellent tool.

HM

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
This is a nice little tool, thanks!
And I really appreciate that your code actually runs in my poor old browser on my poor old laptop. Nice work.

weem

First Post
Spiffy! Seems to work on my Notebook just fine, so far!

Thanks for a nifty product!

Awesome! We made some interface changes to help those running it on their Net/Notebooks (there are many it seems)!

Great tool you have there and I was wondering if you were thinking of adding a few things to help online only players. (Which I am one).

First it looks like you have it set to make 8" x 11" "tiles" from your printer which is most excellent can't have to many of them if you run a home game.

But I play (running 13 games right now) here at EnWorld only as players in my area are very few and far between. So was wondering if you are going to expand the map grid and perhaps add lettered columns (players love having their map grid labeled even though I tell them it's not necessary).

O.k. I will be playing around with what you have up so far and thanks again for the most excellent tool.

HM

We implemented what we called "Pages" a little while back (maybe you have seen it by now as I am late to getting back to this post). Essentially, one grid of 8x10 is what we call a page. You can now create a map that is made up of 9 pages in a 3x3 formation! That's pretty big when you consider that the poster maps are essentially 4 pages in a 2x2 format ;)

Here is a video I did about the pages feature if you are interested.

This is a nice little tool, thanks!
And I really appreciate that your code actually runs in my poor old browser on my poor old laptop. Nice work.

Why thank you!

I also wanted to stop in and let you know that we have added Accounts to Battle MAP'R! It's in a very basic form right now, but you can create an account and start adding tiles right now! Tiles you add can be flagged as private or public.

When we go live with the Tile Gallery, you will be able to see/use any tiles you have updated, as well as any other tiles people have added as "public". You will also then be able to flag maps you make as private or public and will have the ability to view/rate public maps as well!

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hello weem hope you have had a great couple holidays and I want to thank you again for the great site.

Also I have a question on tokens. They have to be exactly 300x300 pixels? I have know ideal how to do that wa shoping they could be smaller as I'm thinking of using peoples avatars here at EnWorld to represent their characters.

HM

Remove ads