• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Battlemats?

Are you going to use a battlemat in your 5e games?

BrokenEggGames

First Post
I have been playing RPGs for a long time and there are a few things that always seem to surprise me.

One-Is how elitist RPGers get. Telling someone they do it wrong or this play style is more advanced then that play style etc is childish the object of the game is to have fun.

Two-How often things come full circle, and how game designers often try to over correct "issues." I remember when the layouts and grids concepts first came out "how much better they were" according to the reviews etc.
The more information you can provide a player to make a decision the better. Spatial awareness is always nice but not necessary. (My players and I switched from grids to inches and use a tape measure and whole table which has lead to amazing tactics on the tabletop. We play that way because we find the challenges of a good combat to be worth an hour...or 4! )

Three-Someone will no doubt feverishly disagree with me.

Great topic and awesome opinions!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads