• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battlestar Galactica-Final Season (4) 6/13/08--Revealations (Mid Season-Finale)

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Volaran said:
True enough. "Harbinger of the Apocalypse" might not be as dramatic as it initially sounded.

Could be the Apocalypse of the Cylons, the herald of death of the toasters. Prophocies of the future are slippery as a greasy snake.

Last edited:

Volaran said:
This one I'm less sure about, but I think that what Elosha was quoting was something like "the prophecy also states the leader was dying of a wasting disease and would not survive to enter the new homeland". I suppose if this is not Earth, or if that part of the prophecy did not explicitly mention that Earth was the new homeland, it still might work out.

Or the prophecy are no longer true?

As was said: "All of this has happened before. But it don't have to happen again!" Maybe they are breaking the cycle?

Ah, well, a little to optimistic, isn't it? ;)

FoxWander

Adventurer
Villano said:
Yeah, I kind of doubt it's Earth, too. Not only because of that, but doesn't the prophesy say that the dying leader wouldn't make it to Earth? I'm calling a "fake out" on this one.

No, the 'dying leader' was Natalie, the 6 that Athena shot when she thought it was trying to take her baby. Just before Natalie died she understood the mysteries of the opera house- fulfilling the hybrid's prophecy/babbling.

Villano

First Post
FoxWander said:
No, the 'dying leader' was Natalie, the 6 that Athena shot when she thought it was trying to take her baby. Just before Natalie died she understood the mysteries of the opera house- fulfilling the hybrid's prophecy/babbling.

I don't think so. She wasn't a "dying leader" so much as a "quickly killed leader". I mean, if you stretch "dying" to include the few minutes from your injury to your death, it's kind of a worthless prophecy since it covers pretty much everyone (most people don't die in a fraction of a second).

Secondly, I don't think she suffered from any "wasting disease".

Steel_Wind

Legend
Fast Learner said:
While I imagine they probably did, I too have that suspicion. None of the shots of "Earth" were at an appropriate angle or without excessive cloud cover to allow you to recognize any Earth continents. I doubt that was accidental.

Agreed. I don't think it's Earth. They very clearly showed us North America from Space at the end of last Season.

Not this time. Not an accident.

Mark Hope

Adventurer
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
A clone, perhaps? ;)
A clone of what?? The Milky Way??

:D

Or maybe Gaeta was just lying. "Nah, no idea where we are but they've all forgotten about me and my leg and all that lovely singing I did, so what the hell. Yeah, sure, whatever, it's Earth. Knock yourselves out. Losers."

Lockridge

First Post
Mark Hope said:
So if it's not Earth, why do the constellations match up?

I've probably just missed a sentence but exactly what constellations are they matching up to?
Do they already know what Earth's constellations should look like?
I'm guessing that the constellations were recorded by Starbuck's viper when she visited Earth? But then if it was recorded why couldn't they simply have used the viper's logs to get back?

I watch TV with children around so I tend to miss some of the finer details.

Remove ads