• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battlestar Galactica Returns! Who's excited!?

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
Meh, not really looking forward to BSG. Will watch it to see if I like it any better. Still betting it will turn into a voyager clone.

Also are the cylons humans or are they machines. I mean in the movie the chicks back glowed red. Maybe instead of drawing blood they should take x-rays.

ergeheilalt

First Post
Dagger75 said:
Meh, not really looking forward to BSG. Will watch it to see if I like it any better. Still betting it will turn into a voyager clone.

Also are the cylons humans or are they machines. I mean in the movie the chicks back glowed red. Maybe instead of drawing blood they should take x-rays.

I would guess that they are flesh-bags grafted onto a metal frame. I need to figure out how to record this ep on to my computer while I'm at a wedding party on Friday night... oh woe is me.

Jarrod

First Post
Argh... I hates my cable company!

$15 a month, basic cable. Cool.
$35 a month, expanded basic. Which includes sci-fi, but _not_ basic! You need BOTH, or fifty bucks a month!!!

I HATES THEM!

And I can't even get sci-fi "a la carte"... <sob>

drothgery

First Post
Dagger75 said:

Meh. It's just another illogical element in a sci-fi series. I mean, realisticly if the humanoid Cylons can't be distinguished from humans by fairly simple tests and can interbreed with humans and produce viable offspring then they are, in fact, humans and shouldn't be able to do anything that humans can't (i.e. breathe in space without a suit, go extend periods without food and water) even if they're all at/near human limits of physical and mental abilities.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Truth Seeker said:
On It!!!...Hey GC!! Come over for a bit...yeah, over here, right next to the edge...thanks:]

Ooohhh! I can see my fighter from here. Did I say fighter? I meant house. Yeah. That's what I meant.

I know several people who think everyone on the show are cylons.

Phaedrus

First Post
Could someone explain to me why the technology on BSG is so goofy?
The phones have cords?!
But the real kicker for me was how long their computer took to enhance the picture of Baltar--- hours?! Gimme a break!

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
Phaedrus said:
Could someone explain to me why the technology on BSG is so goofy?
The phones have cords?!
But the real kicker for me was how long their computer took to enhance the picture of Baltar--- hours?! Gimme a break!

Because the cyclons can hack in and control the new technology very easy. The older systems on the Battlestar Galactica and the older Vipers are immune to this cyclon ability.

The Galactica was about to be turned into a museum because it was so old when the show started. They explained this in the Mini Series that showed about a year before the series was picked up

Remove ads