• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battlestar Galactica RPG Debuts at Gen Con Indy!

vrykyl

Explorer
The Battlestar Galactica Role Playing Game from Margaret Weis Productions, Ltd. goes on-sale for the first time at the Gen Con Game Fair in Indianapolis, Indiana on Thursday, August 16, 2007. The product will be available in the US hobby and book trades in September. The game is based on the re-imagined television series that begins its fourth and final season on the SciFi Channel in January 2008.

The Battlestar Galactica RPG uses the Cortex System (the same game rules featured in the best-selling Serenity Role Playing Game) and emphasizes a fast pace, role playing, and character development. Players can join the action as the characters from the show, or create completely original characters independent of the core storyline explored in the television series. The book also reveals information about the universe, ships and space travel, Cylons, and storytelling styles in the BSG universe.

MWP is hosting two separate Battlestar Galactica game events at Gen Con this year that run all four days. The staff will be on-hand at booth #2417 to answer questions and autograph copies of the game. Also available is the Battlestar Galactica RPG Quickstart Guide, a preview product that contains a full adventure.

BSGRPGstore.jpg

For more information, visit the following links:
Battlestar Galactica Role Playing Game - http://www.bsg-rpg.com (coming soon!)
Battlestar Galactica Television Series - http://www.scifi.com/battlestar
Margaret Weis Productions, Ltd. - http://www.margaretweis.com

Nosey Goblin

Explorer
Jason Anderson said:
It's on RPGNow/DTRPG - for $6.99!?

Its a complete adventure, cut-down rules and pre-gens (36 pages and very nicely put together), kind of like a White Wolf preview booklet. I know charging for a quickstart is unusual, but then WW and the big dogs have the money to spend on a print run they won't gat a return on - small companies like MWP don't. Besides, $7 is nothing really - half of a movie ticket in my local cinema. I don't mind investing that in a company whose owrk I like.

Shane

Jason Anderson

First Post
I have no problem with companies charging for a print version of their quickstart package - after all, it costs them money to print it, so of course they should be able to cover their costs.

But a PDF copy of the quickstart package? Nope, sorry. Feels too much like double dipping (charge for the demo, then charge for the full version) to me.

Just MHO and all that.

Cheers,
Jason

vrykyl

Explorer
Jason Anderson said:
I have no problem with companies charging for a print version of their quickstart package - after all, it costs them money to print it, so of course they should be able to cover their costs.

But a PDF copy of the quickstart package? Nope, sorry. Feels too much like double dipping (charge for the demo, then charge for the full version) to me.

Just MHO and all that.

We're actually forbidden by the terms of our license to give any product on the approved items list as freebies or giveaways. That's why we're trying hard to make the Quickstart an item with real value that does not overlap with the core rules.

We're releasing a web enhancement soon to allow easy upgrade of the Quickstart adventure to the full rules (including color versions of the Griffon deckplans).

Jamie Chambers
Vice President
Margaret Weis Productions, Ltd.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads