• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battlestar Galactica:SEASON 2 PREMIERE

ergeheilalt

First Post
Olgar Shiverstone said:
Yep, it rocked. The networking trick was clever. I hate "to be continued" episodes, though.

Meh, this episode was really anymore "to be continued" than any of the others from last season. I dug it - it's an awesome sci-fi show.

Jeremy

Explorer
I missed the second half of the opening intro where they give you glimpses of the episode to heighten the suspense. They felt the need to put commercials there instead. :(

I missed the music from it too, that was one of the things that gives me that pleasant spine tingle and giddy grin just like everytime I heard the theme to Angel before a new episode.

But the episode itself was intense and gripping as ever.

I especially loved Tigh expressing his true opinion about Baltar. :)

JoeBlank

Explorer
Jeremy said:
I missed the second half of the opening intro where they give you glimpses of the episode to heighten the suspense. They felt the need to put commercials there instead. :(

I missed the music from it too, that was one of the things that gives me that pleasant spine tingle and giddy grin just like everytime I heard the theme to Angel before a new episode.

But the episode itself was intense and gripping as ever.

I especially loved Tigh expressing his true opinion about Baltar. :)

Dang, Jeremy, you hit the exact same two points I was going to make. I wonder if the new intro will be a regular thing. It was several episodes into last season before I realized that the second half actually included cuts from the episode, and I started enjoying the tease. And the shift in the music really caught the mood of the series.

And Tigh's dig at Baltar made me actually like him (Tigh) for once. It was a good leadership move too. Seemed to express a true opinion about Baltar, but also bolstered confidence when a job needed to be done.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
Jeremy said:

Both of these were noted by my wife and I. She was absolutely cringing her face at the new music. Those previews certainly heightened suspense without ever giving away anything to spoil it. My wife is one of those who will raise bloody hell about the slightest of spoilers and she never minded this at all...

I doubt they will bring back either of these this season, but I hope they do in the future.

Iku Rex

Explorer
Can I be the lone voice of dissent?

I really don't like Battlestar Galactica. There's drama, death, betrayal, heroism, massive space battles and so on and so forth, and throughout it all I don't care.

So what if they all die. Something is missing from the characters. I don't care about any of them.

(And besides, in the end we'll probably discover that the whole big drama was predetermined by some half-baked time-travel plot and/or arranged through clever cylon manipulation. :uhoh: )

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Thus...one lone voice, (KAssssssssssssssssssssssssssHHHHHHH), Ohhhh...forgive me, I accidently press the airlock release:) .

Iku Rex said:
Can I be the lone voice of dissent?

I really don't like Battlestar Galactica. There's drama, death, betrayal, heroism, massive space battles and so on and so forth, and throughout it all I don't care.

So what if they all die. Something is missing from the characters. I don't care about any of them.

(And besides, in the end we'll probably discover that the whole big drama was predetermined by some half-baked time-travel plot and/or arranged through clever cylon manipulation. :uhoh: )

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
JoeBlank said:
And Tigh's dig at Baltar made me actually like him (Tigh) for once. It was a good leadership move too. Seemed to express a true opinion about Baltar, but also bolstered confidence when a job needed to be done.

The thing about Tigh is that it was a slip of the tounge and not a leadership move. When Tigh is good, it's by accident.

Fast Learner

First Post
Was I the only one screaming, "Obviously she's a Cylon, you blind fool!" to Tigh when he wife was berating him for not disciplining the one guy who could get them back with the fleet? Or is that just my continuing paranoia about her Clyonhood?

Remove ads