• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BattleStar Galactica:Season 3.5--1/28/07--Arc 12

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
[imagel]http://galacticastation.com/Gallery/Episode/se3/300/312.gif[/imagel]

Taking a Break (from All Your Worries)."

# Original airdate:1.27.07
# Production Number: 312
# Executive Producers: R.D. Moore, David Eick
# Co-Executive Producer: Paul Leonard
# Producer: Harvey Frand
# Associate Producer: Trisha Brunner
# Written by: Michael Taylor
# Directed by: Edward James Olmos

Starring: Mary McDonnell, Edward James Olmos, Jamie Bamber, Katee Sackhoff, James Callis, Tricia Helfer, Grace Park.

Co-Starring: Michael Hogan, Alessandro Juliani, Tahmoh Penikett, Kandyse McClure, Aaron Douglas, Nicki Clyne.

Imprisoned and facing charges of treason, former Colonial president Gaius Baltar survives a suicide attempt - only to face extreme interrogation techniques by his captors aboard the Galactica.​

Ouch...can't get a break, can he?

Last edited:

Steel_Wind

Legend
Okay, While I was willing to give the whole Starbuck+Apollo love quadrangle some time to finish off - this evening's episode was a clear and unmistakable sign that this plot thread is not only NOT working, it is hurting the show.

Baltar scenes - good to great
Apollo+Dualla scenes - bad (Apollo is a liar as much as Baltar is)
Solo Apollo conflicted angst scenes = dreck
Kara+ Anders - "ok". But that's simply because Anders is so likable and such a better MAN than Apollo you got to wonder wtf is wrong with Kara and why she can't see it.

Anyways - the cut aways from Baltar to that quadrangle soap opera that is just not working really hurt the quality of the episode. They have to kill this plot line off. Really, End it.

And that's the problem with this sort of plotline. Where is the escape hatch for it?

Looks like Dualla might be up for death next episode. That would be nice if it proved to be a permanent escape hatch.

Last edited:

The Baltar part of the episode was great.

The love story and the makeshift bar. . .not so much.

But to me the Baltar stuff was so good it made up for the rest.

Edit: Oh, and I just watched the cut scene they put up on the scifi.com site. . .that would have added a lot to the episode: Roslin gets Caprica-Six to agree to testify at Baltar's trial, as a witness for the prosecution.

Last edited:

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Err...correction: Caprica offered to be the star witness, against Baltar at his trail.
wingsandsword said:
The Baltar part of the episode was great.

The love story and the makeshift bar. . .not so much.

But to me the Baltar stuff was so good it made up for the rest.

Edit: Oh, and I just watched the cut scene they put up on the scifi.com site. . .that would have added a lot to the episode: Roslin gets Caprica-Six to agree to testify at Baltar's trial, as a witness for the prosecution.

Sir Brennen

Legend
So... who were the radiation-scarred-looking kids Baltar saw the second time he emerged from the rebirth pool? Are these the beings he was meant to see because he was the Chosen One? Weren't there more than five? Whattheheck?

Steel_Wind

Legend
Sir Brennen said:
So... who were the radiation-scarred-looking kids Baltar saw the second time he emerged from the rebirth pool? Are these the beings he was meant to see because he was the Chosen One? Weren't there more than five? Whattheheck?

According to R.D. Moore's podcast, they are meant to symbolize the dead human children of the 12 Colonies that died during the attack that Baltar's negligence facilitated.

Mark Hope

Adventurer
wingsandsword said:
Oh, and I just watched the cut scene they put up on the scifi.com site. . .
I couldn't get that to load - it just hung at the "your video will start after a short advertisment" screen. Is it limited to US viewers only? Any chance it might end up on YouTube?

Otherwise, an interesting episode that felt more like the first part of a two-parter. Too much time spent on the love quadrangle. At the end of the day, I didn't mind that so much - what bothered me was that we wound up back at square one, with no solid resolution at the end of it. I'm all about the narrative payoff, myself. Quit dangling it and resolve it already!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads