• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[BDP] Animal Archives: DinoFiles I - Raptor Pack released!

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer

Animal Archives returns with the first installment in an all new product line – DinoFiles. Each DinoFiles product features d20 monster write-ups for dinosaurs, with tons of extra information for players and DMs alike. The first product in the DinoFiles series highlights everyone’s favorite sickle-clawed killers, the dromaeosaurids, or raptors. Within these pages of you will find raptors in all shapes and sizes, from the tiny, feathered Microraptor to the massive, scaled nightmare that is Utahraptor.

So, if you want to give your campaign that “lost world” feel, or if you just want to have the coolest familiar on the block, then take a look at Blackdirge Publishing and the DinoFiles series.

Animal Archives: DinoFiles I – Raptor Pack features 17 pages of new d20 material, and includes:
  • Microraptor – a small, feathered raptor.
  • Velociraptor – the real one, not the Jurassic Park version.
  • Pyroraptor – a bird-like, midsize raptor.
  • Troodon – a close relation of the raptors, and considered the smartest of all dinosaurs.
  • Utahraptor – the king of the raptors, and so far the largest discovered.
  • Dracoraptor – a new monster, and fantasy version of the raptor.
Also featured:
  • A summon monster appendix featuring fiendish and celestial versions of the raptors.
  • Information for player characters, including info on animal companions, mounts, and familiars.
  • Real world information on each raptor.
  • Full illustrations for each raptor by Hunter McFalls

Animal Archives: DinoFiles I – Raptor Pack is available at the following RPG download sites:

RPGNow
DriveThruRPG
Your Games Now

joewolz

First Post
It looks awesome so far! I'm really digging this series!

Quick question though: I don't use the d20 system, but I do use some OGL variants of it and I used to play Third Edition. Why do you not have the die types for Hit Dice listed with the creatures in the two books? Is that a 3.5 thing or am I missing something?

Last edited:

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
joewolz said:
It looks awesome so far! I'm really digging this series!

Quick question though: I don't use the d20 system, but I do use some OGL variants of it and I used to play Third Edition. Why do you not have the die types for Hit Dice listed with the creatures in the two books? Is that a 3.5 thing or am I missing something?

Glad you're enjoying the books.

As for the Hit Die issue, I use the most recent WotC-style stat block format, and it doesn't list the Hit Die type. But not to worry, every monster in this series is of the Animal type, so they all have a d8 Hit Die.

If you have any other questions feel free to email me at blackdirge@gmail.com, or simply post them here.

Thanks

BD

joewolz

First Post
BLACKDIRGE said:
As for the Hit Die issue, I use the most recent WotC-style stat block format, and it doesn't list the Hit Die type. But not to worry, every monster in this series is of the Animal type, so they all have a d8 Hit Die.

I knew it was a 3.5 thing! Thanks!

Drunken Master

First Post
BLACKDIRGE said:
BD

EVERY monster, you say? Since the Dracoraptor's creature type is "Dragon", doesn't it have d12 Hit Dice? ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads