• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Be a Ranger! Babylon 5: Outrageous Fortune (Re-recruiting)

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Walking Dad said:
Hi Blackrat, I read your ad :)

I have only seen the series till the shadowinvasion, and that was a long time ago.
Woot! I lured another player in. There's a short summary of events after that in the first page.

BTW: Please short me to WD and not "Dad", okay? ;)
Sure thing "Pa" :uhoh:, I meant WD :D

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Dr Simon said:
I'd be inclined, at the very least, to allow Minbari Warrior Caste to treat the Denn'bok as a standard close combat weapon rather than an exotic, as they're not grossly overpowered by any means, and offset by a high cost.
So how about this. Is it okay for me to treat it as standard close combat weapon?

Dr Simon

Explorer
Something to consider, if you are playing a human characters, is if they are from Earth or not.

Earth is now under quarantine, so Earth-born humans would have been offworld during the Drakh attack 6 months ago, perhaps now forcibly prevented from returning home. Colony-world humans, on the other hand, may or may not care what happens to the Earthers. The Martians in particular may well be enjoying seeing Earth get its comeuppance.

Walking Dad

First Post
Blackrat said:
Woot! I lured another player in. There's a short summary of events after that in the first page.

Sure thing "Pa" :uhoh:, I meant WD :D
Okay a will think about a characterconcept. One of my other games just died.

Dr Simon

Explorer
A pak'ma'ra, eh? Why does the idea of a pak'ma'ra scientist make me think of Doctor Zoidberg? :)

Actually, it would work quite well for the cover story - that of Quantium-40 buyers on a lawless fringe world. The pak'ma'ra are great traders of Q-40 and are commonly found in the worst places of the universe (partly because they don't care about such things and partly because they tend not to get invited to the nice parts).

The first pak'ma'ra allowed into the Rangers (in 2262) was trained in infiltration techniques since the effective invisibility of the pak'ma'ra made it ideally suited to covert courier missions. Who would suspect it, and who would want to go near it?

[sblock="pak'ma'ra stats"]
In game terms, pak'ma'ra get the following:

-2 Dex, +4 Con, -2 Cha.
Medium size.
Base speed 20 ft.
+2 Stealth and Subterfuge, may always treat these as class skills.
+2 Intrigue used to gather information.
+2 Investigate used to search an area.
Great Fortitude feat for free.
Immune to many common diseases, poisons and some toxic atmospheres.
Fluency (English) - understand only, need a translator unit to converse in non-pak'ma'ra languages.
Fluency (pak'ma'ra)

You can also elect to take the Stench feat at 1st level, which causes all within 10 ft. to make a Concentration check or be sickened, plus gives a Charisma bonus to other pak'ma'ra. However, this would also affect allies as it is a permanent effect...
[/sblock]

[sblock="Scientist stats"]
Scientist game rules:

Initial hit points: 5+ Con modifier
Initial skill points (8+Int modifier) x4
Class skills: Computer Use (Int), Concentration (Con), Investigate (Int), Knowledge (any) (Int), Linguistics (Int), Medical (Int), Profession (white collar) (Int), Technical (any) (Int).

Proficient with pistol weapons
Starting money 2400 credits

Mental Agility: may make Operations, Knowledge and Technical checks untrained.
Primary Area of Study: select Medical, Linguistics, any one Knowledge or any one Technical skill as primary area of study. Add class levels to this skill.

1d4 Influence in area related to primary study
+0 BAB
Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +2
+0 base defence
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Any news on those other characters?

Since this is quite a slow recruitment I'm happy to drag this on for a while. Once we get playing, it'll probably be at about the same speed as Rive Kingdoms.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads