D&D 5E Beadle and Grimm Announces Phandelver Legendary Edition For October

Boxed set includes miniatures, handouts, battlemaps, and more.

With Phandelver and Below: The Shattered Obelisk due to hit store shelves in September, Beadle & Grimm, which makes officially licensed deluxe boxed editions of Dungeons & Dragon adventures, has announced the Legendary Edition for October 2023. Like previous Beadle & Grimm offerings, this boxed set will include the adventure itself along with a host of extras, including miniatures, handouts, battlemaps, and more.

IMG_7694.jpeg

Lost Mine of Phandelver has long been considered one of the best D&D adventures of all time. Discover what lurks below in Phandelver and Below: The Shattered Obelisk, a high-fantasy adventure that begins with the familiar story of Lost Mine of Phandelver and then delves into the perilous Underdark.

This adventure is designed to take characters from 1st to 12th level.

We felt this deserved Legendary treatment. Only our second Legendary Edition (Curse of Strahd was our first), Phandelver and Below: The Shattered Obelisk is a must-have for any DM running their players through this classic, or for any serious D&D fan.

Our Legendary Edition comes packed with the kinds of high-quality contents expected from B&G*:
  • The entire adventure, broken down into easy-to-manage booklets
  • A whopping 32 battle maps
  • 5 all-new faction badges
    • Harpers
    • Zhentarim
    • Order of the Gauntlet
    • Emerald Enclave
    • Lords’ Alliance
  • 5 WizKids painted minis (due to the spoiler nature of 3 of these minis, we cannot reveal them until the adventure is released)
  • Unique DM Screen packed with Phandalin-specific reference info and featuring unique art on the front
  • 19 in-world handouts that will thrill and immerse your players
  • 60 encounter cards, including cards for all of the new monsters introduced in this adventure
  • 43 magic item cards, including cards for all the new magic items introduced in this adventure
  • Bonus adventures - 4 original encounters you can insert seamlessly into your Phandalin campaign
  • Miscellaneous DM and Player aids
Shipping goblins are hatching up a plan to ship in October. We in the Marketing department rarely trust the shipping goblins, but their cackling seemed particularly confident in our 9 am stand-up meeting today. That may have been due to the coffee truck Matthew brought in as a thank you to staff, but we’re going with it.

While there is no preset cap to the number of Legendary Editions produced, we can only make them so fast so get yours early!

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
My thoughts exactly. Richard Baker's work is great, but I doubt he will be participating in this. I'm convinced Lost Mine of Phandelver is so great because WotC was so busy working on the 2014 manuals that they didn't have any time on their hands to mess up Richard Baker's module and just published it intact. And it's equally clear that Princes of the Apocalypse is so structurally flawed because the WotC team had time on their hands and made major changes to Baker's draft.

The situation is a bit similar now, in that Crawford and Perkins (and others) are busy with the 2024 core books, so others will be taking lead on the Phandelver expansion. But it's also very different, in that they have hired so many in-house designers now that I'm sure they won't be farming this out to Baker. So the question is which WotC will show up to write the second half of this book—the Saltmarsh WotC or the Spelljammer WotC.
dammit, I just picked up the B&G spelljammer and now really considering this one. LMoP was truly one of the best adventure modules Ive ever run. I ran it for 5 different groups; truly excellent. I do hope this sequel lives up to the original. Though for this one Im thinking of breaking up the cost by having my group of 7 players pitch in for it.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
although not tied directly to Phandelver box set, I received the B&G email for the oversized monster cards, level 0-6 today with 60 total in a 2 pack set. These are something I was hoping they’d release as my aging eyes were starting to have a hard time with the smaller card sized Gale force nine cards I’ve had for a while. A quick search D&D collector series minis and Tractor supply has them for sale. Must be a warehouse they end up ordering for as I wouldn’t think they have a warehouse full of fertilizer or grass seed and another isle over is DND minis :)

Remove ads

Remove ads