• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Beardless combat rules...

cr0m

First Post
It's *obvious* to anyone paying attention that Wotc is prejudiced against beardless gaming, and 4e continues this trend. A quick perusal of the attached screenshots proves my point.

The question is, can 4e be played beardless?

Attachments

• dnd1.jpg
    dnd1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 287
  • dnd2.jpg
    dnd2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 238
  • dnd3.jpg
    dnd3.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 258
  • dnd4.jpg
    dnd4.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 238
  • dnd5.jpg
    dnd5.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 246

Voss

First Post
This would be funnier if 'beardy' didn't mean 'powergaming' in Wargaming circles. As it is, I'm just puzzled which point you're trying to make.

keterys

First Post
Well, they do have that whole video and book about women gaming _and_ they removed beards from dwarven women... so they're at least _claiming_ you can.

I'd imagine you lose some dorito/cheeto optimization so powergamers will stick with having a beard, though.

Simm

First Post
Voss said:
This would be funnier if 'beardy' didn't mean 'powergaming' in Wargaming circles. As it is, I'm just puzzled which point you're trying to make.
I think he was riffing off of the "you cant play 4e wihout a grid" people. Initially I thought that he meant you have to powergame too, thankfully I was wrong.

Rex Blunder

First Post
It can be done - Noonan says it's possible, although he admits he hasn't tried it. Perkins is way into it though.

You have to adopt a more "theater of the mind" approach, though. It will probably go something like this:

Player: Am I close enough to fight any of the orcs?
DM: You're close to the clean-shaven orc, and the babyfaced orc and the female orc are on the other side of the room.
Player: I attack the orc with the flowing, Zeus-like beard.
DM: The orc closest to you is clean-shaven.
Player: OK, I attack the orc with the well-manicured Van Dyke and curled moustachios.
DM: None of the orcs have beards.
Player: Then how come all of the minis are Sages?

If you trust your DM enough, it CAN be done; it just takes a little extra work.

cr0m

First Post
Voss said:

Shoot, I didn't know that slang. I tried.

edit: for the record, there was a thread titled "boardless combat rules" at the top of the forum when I posted this.

edit2: /me high fives Rex :lol:

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
If they can have boobs, I posit they can also have beards.

Perhaps that can have both boobs and beards at the same time.

But that might make them too similar to dwarves.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads