Bedford Hardcore Dnd 3.5

We've got a 10 strong group, not great, but it works for us, but were always looking for more gamers. We play in both greyhawk and forgotton realms campaign using normal and gesault rules.
Gatherings are nearly every day / evening, I myself attend monday, wednesday and I DM on Sunday. Anyone wishing to join, feel free to e-mail at adjudicator_tempest@ntlworld.com

reinbowarrior

First Post
Cambs

Hey guys

I live in cambs, currently attend a gaming group up in Cambridge who play a mix of systems, have played realms and greyhawk, but am a dragonlance and ravenloft fan myself.

Am actually organising a meet for Dragonlance fans in cambridge on sat oct 14th.

Would be interested to hear more about your group.

Last edited:

up and running

yup, i believe this sunday we've got a full on dnd game. It's storyline based at the moment. Usually it's fast paced, hard action, bring your best spells and your best combat strategy. But for the next few sessions, it's one huge puzzle of finding out what is going on in a village where people are going missing, only to turn up dead a day / week later.
Some of the main players have found a few clues, even a sacrificial chamber with 12 of the villagers alive (barely) strapped to sacrificial stone tablets. There was a huge sigh of releif, and everythinbg seems fine. But the players know me well, nothing is ever as it seems, and hardly ever easy in my games. The reward for completing the quest comes directly from the state authorities, who are busy with a war to the west.
The palyers have several "Jobs" if you like to call them that, or quests, and are paid and made as heroes for completing them.

One amusing one was getting information from some female necromancer in a top security jail. They walked in, walked out (and killed a dragon 2 ECL levels higher in one hit - ), with her under a veil of invibility. They were not supposed to get her out, and when the cleric who asked them to ask her questions saw her standing in front of him - they were only too amused to see him fluster around, undecided what to do.

Now the heroes have unleashed one of the states most deadly necromancers, who has teamed up with a rival of the local authority and is planing on getting a few more extremists, bfore taking over the state.

They have met one bloke, an NPC named richard, who is trying to redeem himself by proving himself to an arch-angel. The arch-angel has given him some really unfair quests, like winning the war for his country, not killing, but dealing with the situation between the local authorities and the rival factions, etc.

The players have also met a rather annoying necromnacer, can't remember his name, but the last party of characters that played, he was able to get the players to willingly teleport with him to a vast desertland, and then he teleported out. Leaving them there. The players gave up that session, and started new characters.

I have a habbit of using previous players as examples, they enrich the history, and news of what they do spreads rather rapidly. Brick - a dwarf fighter who didnt care about the war, politics, or anything faired himself against the best of the invading army, single handedly wiping out an outpost, and a village that had been takenm over.
A bard, played by same person - Rob maslen, who had ransacked a city of its treasury, tied the countess in charge of the city after impaling her with stake, and had met drow underneath the city, getting himself a vampire spider as a pet.

I love the players that my players take - they're all really varied, I don't enjoy people going for over the top stuff, I prefer an idea put to a test, like vis, a ranger, with enough shots per turn, hitting on 5+, I think he had a good character there.

James - who will be coming on sunday will be playing an undead rogue. A little tongue in cheek, but with the libris mortis I'm sure we can rattle something up.

If you would like to join this sunday, my number is 07931 654 297
I don't charge for anything, but I'd suggest getting an idea, I like to se die-roll';s for stats, and ask me if a character is alright. If I say it's ok, then it can join. I don't allow non-legal charcters, if it's in a DnD book, then I will usually allow it.

A little background, and character enriching information is good, helps players react to you better for roleplay, and you can fill your character in better. I give roleplay experience, quest experience, and monster killing experience. I try to keep up with how much loot / treasure each character has.
The most important thing about our sessions is a sense of humour.
Vis turning invisible (assassin), and forgetting that dire boars have scent was not good, given that he was on -3 health with die hard, walking around hoping they wouldn't hit him.
He died the next turn.

Remove ads