D&D (2024) Ben Riggs speculates on 2024 D&D and the OGL.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It wasn't that long ago that I got shot down on here for saying that they print some of their books in China. I was sure of it, but got "proven" wrong. Looks like I wasn't totally wrong. I'm sure they try to print in the USA as often as possible (or at least, as often as profitable).
Most of the time, when I've checked, it's been USA, back to my 3E books.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I feel this was almost willful trolling: they still have a UA in the wild they haven't gotten feedback on and he's expecting the full SRD in his hands currently? The arrogance of certain parts of the community never fails to impress me.
Yeah, I'm not sure why Riggs thinks that WotC would have a finalized revised SRD out while they are still playtesting the core rules, bit he seems to not be overly familiar with the playtest if he thinks the existing CC SRD isn't sufficient for cloning the '24 books.

Remathilis

Legend
Yeah, I'm not sure why Riggs thinks that WotC would have a finalized revised SRD out while they are still playtesting the core rules, bit he seems to not be overly familiar with the playtest if he thinks the existing CC SRD isn't sufficient for cloning the '24 books.
I try not to attribute malice where stupidity can adequately explain, but this reeks of pot-stirring.

mamba

Legend
Riggs seems confused thst they haven't put out the update yet, thinking thwt WotC would need to have it in place by now to allow third parties to develop products to come out along the Core books. However, I donthink WotC cares about that
yes, they neither care, nor is this really needed

Parmandur

Book-Friend
no, they committed to at a minimum an errata that says things like 'use the term species instead of race', not to a full SRD - and even if they had back then, priorities / directions change
Brink didn't want to commit to a specific form during hisnapology tour, because he didn't know how it would look on a twchnical level and deferredto Crawford as the expert, as an addendum or a new SRD: I am quite certain that Crawford has committed to a new revised full CC SRD since then, however, wither in one of the UA interviews or the creator conference. And if they do a new CC release, a coherently SRD would be the way to go.

mamba

Legend
Brink didn't want to commit to a specific form during hisnapology tour, because he didn't know how it would look on a twchnical level and deferredto Crawford as the expert, as an addendum or a new SRD: I am quite certain that Crawford has committed to a new revised full CC SRD since then, however, wither in one of the UA interviews or the creator conference. And if they do a new CC release, a coherently SRD would be the way to go.
I haven't seen anything since then, but it is certainly possible that I missed it. If they release something new under CC, I do expect it to be an updated SRD, I am just not certain that there will be one

Remove ads