D&D (2024) Ben Riggs speculates on 2024 D&D and the OGL.

They definitely do both. I haven't checked this years releases, but this is what I found searching my posting history for my physical copies last year:
  • Call of the Netherdeep: Printed in the USA.
  • Monsters of the Multiverse: Printed in China.
  • Radiant Citadel: Printed in the USA.
  • Shadow of the Dragon Queen: Printed in China.
Definitely seems to be hit and miss: and really, given how many books they are printing, they are probably going to do both.
Which version of Shadow of the Dragon Queen do you have? I have 2 copies, the FLGS version (US printing) and the WotC bundle that came with the board game (China). It seems like if a book requires any manual assembly of a package (board game, slip case like Planescape), the books were printed in China.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Which version of Shadow of the Dragon Queen do you have? I have 2 copies, the FLGS version (US printing) and the WotC bundle that came with the board game (China). It seems like if a book requires any manual assembly of a package (board game, slip case like Planescape), the books were printed in China.
I got the FLGS boardgame and book combo.

That sounds about right.

The names of the powers are (mostly) unlike anything from other editions. For every "Magic Missile" there's a "Carve out Corruption." There are a total of 9409 powers. 77 Classes, 55 Races. Even those that have an analogue in previous editions, they are handled differently in 4E. Even the mechanics of At-Will/Encounter/Daily/Utility (AEDU) powers were covered only under the GSL.
An SRD is for making compatible material, not copying existing material.

And as others have noted, people have used the 3.5 OGL to make 4e compatible content.

Last edited:

Remove ads