Benefice / Charter Example

rebarton2

First Post
BTW, Joe, I should point out how much I appreciate your products - they show the depth of your reading in and knowledge of the Middle Ages. Great stuff [not that i can't appreciate true fantasy worlds untouched by the 'real' middle ages, but it's great to have you showing how the real MA could serve as models for fantasy worlds]. Thanks!

G

rebarton2 said:
BTW, Joe, I should point out how much I appreciate your products - they show the depth of your reading in and knowledge of the Middle Ages. Great stuff [not that i can't appreciate true fantasy worlds untouched by the 'real' middle ages, but it's great to have you showing how the real MA could serve as models for fantasy worlds]. Thanks!

G

Hey thanks! I'm just a layman and I'm always trying my hardest to make something that possess scholorship but at the same time is appropriate for gaming. I've gotten a couple of thanks from people with real knowledge of the field and that makes me glad to know I've managed to do what I set out to do. :)

joe b.

rebarton2

First Post
well, sometimes laymen explain it better than the pros! At least with more clarity! ;)

If you ever need some other documents, I've got tons of translations on my site and off (not yet posted). My main interests lie in the 10th-13th centuries, and concern aristocratic politics and social organization. But I've got other teaching interests (like towns, the Franks, women and marriage, etc.)

Keep up the good work. I'm loving the MMS stuff.

Geleg

rebarton2 said:
well, sometimes laymen explain it better than the pros! At least with more clarity! ;)

If you ever need some other documents, I've got tons of translations on my site and off (not yet posted). My main interests lie in the 10th-13th centuries, and concern aristocratic politics and social organization. But I've got other teaching interests (like towns, the Franks, women and marriage, etc.)

I just checked out the whole site and yeah, there's a lot of cool things there. Bookmarked for further reading...

Keep up the good work. I'm loving the MMS stuff.

Geleg

I just put up new chapter for MMS:WE about warfare at our new site, www.yourgamesnow.com. I'm working on a chapter about creating new cities (hence, why I'm reading Beresford) and I'll hopfully have that chapter done before the end of this year (but I work -and read- really, really slow on these things). After that, I'll need to work on a generation system for creating a new city and that's going to take quite a bit of time as well.

So it's looking like the 2nd edition of MMS:WE will be hardbacked and contain 3 more chapters than the first. :)

joe b.

Remove ads