• Carrion Crown

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Jade Regent

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Skull & Shackles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shattered Star (just started...)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another option (please tell us what it is)

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Poll closed .

triqui

Adventurer
Carrion Crown and Jade Regent have their fans. And Skull & Shackles is cool, but is new (and likely less sandboxy than expected).
Those are cool, (I like Carrion Crown a LOT, indeed) but they are quite thematic. People who like horror, or oriental adventures, or pirate movies, will love them, for the rest of the people, they are just meh. Kingmaker, like Runelords and somewhat Curse of Crimson Throne, are "more D&D". They are closer to a standard high fantasy adventure. One can safely assume that most people who play Pathfinder like high fantasy D&Desque adventures, but only a subset like pirates, or samurai, or classic horror, or zombie ninja robots in outer space.

NewJeffCT

First Post
The best adventure path is, without a doubt, indisputably ZEITGEIST. It has been proven by science. Science, I tell you!

What?

I might be tempted by Zeitgeist if I was with my old gaming group that I've known for 5 years or so by now. However, I recently moved and am trying to find either a new gaming group to join, or else start my own gaming group. If I have to run something for a new gaming group, I'd probably stick with something a bit more standard.

NewJeffCT

First Post
So, I have to wonder, where are the people who voted Kingmaker as the best, for this poll?
http://www.enworld.org/forum/produc...th&mfrg=Paizo+Publishing&authors=&sort=rating
Because Kingmaker is nowhere near the lead. Change of heart?

Kingmaker was very popular when it first came out, as it gave you more of a sandbox to play in vs previous adventure paths that were more linear in nature. So, I think a lot of people liked it just for that reason. However, IMHO, it has some good material, but some of the adventures I thought were kind of mediocre, and it does require a decent amount of book-keeping with the kingdom building. (When I ran it, nobody in my group wanted to do the book-keeping, so I did it as DM and just asked for PC input on important issues...) So, I think now that it's been out for a few years, it's lost a bit of its initial luster.

kevin_video

Explorer
Its probably different people. I know I've never voted on anything on that link.

I would love to see more people vote on this, and give the adventures the love or hate that they deserve. When one reaches 10 votes, it becomes "certified".

Kingmaker was very popular when it first came out, as it gave you more of a sandbox to play in vs previous adventure paths that were more linear in nature. So, I think a lot of people liked it just for that reason. However, IMHO, it has some good material, but some of the adventures I thought were kind of mediocre, and it does require a decent amount of book-keeping with the kingdom building. (When I ran it, nobody in my group wanted to do the book-keeping, so I did it as DM and just asked for PC input on important issues...) So, I think now that it's been out for a few years, it's lost a bit of its initial luster.

I can see that. It'd be nice to know for sure, and for everyone to vote on all of the paths that they've played, and loved or disliked.

Kinak

First Post
For a newly formed group, I'd take Rise of the Runelords. Value-per-dollar the anniversary edition is a winner and it's just good, general fantasy... with a bit of a horror bent, I guess.

My current Pathfinder group started with that and transitioned to a "Next Generation" of Shattered Star characters. I prefer Rise's pacing, but so far they've both proven to be excellent APs.

Cheers!
Kinak

Remove ads