• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best d20 products?

skinnydwarf

Explorer
Hi all,

I've been a big fan of 3rd edition since it came out, but I haven't been following the d20 market as closely as I'd have liked to. School, and a lack of money. I haven't gotten many third party products. So I was thinking I'd ask you guys, what have I missed?

Here is what I have, so you don't overlap:

Treasure Quests (great idea, but it sucks)

Traps and Treachery (love it)

Creature Collection 1 (like it, but not as much as I thought I would)

What do you think are the best adventures so far, the best sourcebooks?

MEG Hal

First Post
If we have no rules just picks well I will list a few off the top of my head. I will not list any of my own things ( I will let others if they deem worthy)

GR-Book of the Righteous
Bastion-Oathbound
Privateer- Witchfire Trilogy
FFG-Monster's Handbook
Malhavoc-Arcana Unearthed

I know there are more, but that is a start.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Midnight

This is the best campaign setting the market has to offer if you're into the dark and gritty.

Book of the Righteous

A wonderful sourcebook for clerics and pantheons.

You'll notice both of these books got 5 stars in ENWorld's review section and I'd have to agree with both of the reviewers.

Last edited:

blackshirt5

First Post
I'd say that Four-Color to Fantasy is one of my favorites; it's cheap and a very solid product(although it's better for integrating into a fantasy campaign than for running a modern superhero game, at least in my opinion. Not only that, but because it's a PDF, it's a really good price!

EDIT: Also, skinnydwarf, where in New Jersey are you? Are you looking for a game? If you are, then email me at blackshirt5@hotmail.com and we can talk, my group is always looking for new players.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Relics and Rituals is a great magic book with only a few over the top unbalanced spells.

If you want cheap good stuff go with pdfs at www.rpgnow.com

You can get things like the monte cook books there, old bastion and MEG ones, and great stuff like Beyond monks (best martial arts book out there).

Last edited:

KDLadage

Explorer
Creme de la Creme
  • The Book of the Righteous

Runners Up
  • Dynasties and Demagogues
  • The Longest Night
  • Touched by the Gods
  • Traps and Treachery

Not technically d20, but...
  • Kingdoms of Kalimar
  • Kingdoms of Kalimar Player's Guide
  • Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting
  • The Living Greyhawk Gazetteer

Methuslah

First Post
My top three (in no particular order):

Splintered Peace (Atlas Games) - An excellent campaign set in a well-developed city, something that can be used over and over again.

Necropolis (Necromancer Games) - It's a dungeon crawl. A massive, 300-page dungeon crawl, written by Gygax himself. How can you go wrong?

Seven Cities (Atlas Games) - It's the supplement of a thousand uses! (Well, seven, but you get the idea...)

Remove ads