D&D 4E Best Dungeon Crawl for 4E?

LeStew

Explorer
hey y'all~

I'm trying to come up with the best Dungeon Crawl for use in 4th Edition. So far I've thought of converting the World's Largest Dungeon and Halls of Undermountain.

My biggest need is out of the box playability. I don't want to have to be redoing monsters every week.

So enworld whatcha got?

LeStew

Explorer
Any Level... ideally Paragon. But I can update monsters as I need to.

so far I've narrowed it down to:

Halls Of Undermountain
Tomb Of Horrors
Revenge of the Giants

Pros Cons for any of these?

MortalPlague

Adventurer
Revenge of the Giants
I only played through part of this adventure, but what I played was fun enough. It's not very heavy on dungeon crawling. It has several short dungeons, a fun sequence holding off a siege, and some nice RP hooks. Wouldn't be my go-to adventure for a dungeon crawl, though.

DeuceDM

First Post
Are you looking for an ongoing campaign module or just general adventures? I've been playing a lot through the Fourthcore modules lately, having a blast doing so! The goals are clear, the puzzles are entertaining and thought-provoking, and the combats are not filled with your average 5x5 encounters! It's been awhile since I had a D&D gaming challenge (Not since the original Halls of Undermountain) like this and boy are they great. Only real Con is they are challenging.

Teacher Man

Explorer
What about G1-G3? Or you could take something like the B2 module and upgrade the inhabitants of the caves to something even uglier than kobolds if you catch my drift...

Klaus

First Post
There's Chris Perkins updates to the G1-G3 series, from Dungeon magazines (197-200), including a new trek into a Stone Giant fortress.

"Revenge of the Giants" the hardcover book sucks! It is not a dungeon crawl either.

On the other hand, the conversions in Dungeon Magazine of the "Steading of the Hill Giant Chieftain", "Glacial Rift of the Frost Giants", "Hall of the Fire Giant King" by Chir Perkins are absolutely great! They are definitely dungeon crawls that are a lot of fun.
The DM should treat them like the old school and allow monsters to come and go from room to room, or call up reinforcements from below. They all play much more fun if you treat them as real places with thinking creatures that move and react, instead of the 4E style of enter room, defeat encounter parcel, continue.

"Baba Yaga's Dancing Hut" Dungeon #196 is an insane dungeon crawl.
Those are all Paragon

Remove ads