• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Best Dungeon Crawl for 4E?

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
The RPGA conversion of Tomb of Horrors is high heroic and one I like a lot. Should not be hard to uplevel it a few levels (and you could argue you don't need that).

The Tomb of Horrors book is basically 3 dungeon crawls with gaps in between. Paragon tier. Have enjoyed it, but may not be what you are looking for.

Unwise

Adventurer
Do you hate your PCs and want to see them die? If so Revenge of the Iron Lich is fun (just google it, it's free).

If it is the combat part of a dungeon crawl you like, then I think the much maligned Keep on the Shadowfell could be good. People's main complaint with that was that it was a dungeon crawl and they ended up with "combat fatigue". I found the individual encounters within the dungeon pretty fun and generally each had some sort of novelty to it. My issue was that there was simply too much of it.

I have read over the three part giants series in dungeon mag and I think that they could provide an interesting backdrop for a three part dungeon crawl.

Finally, if you want a 1st edition nostalgia trip, then H3 Pyramid of Shadows provides a series of utterly disjointed, diverse, nonsensical rooms with little rhyme or reason between them. Where else can you fight an ent in a grove, open the next door and fight sea monsters?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads