best feats for druids?

youspoonybard

First Post
jgsugden said:
Uhhhh ... it is bad for your cholesterol. :)
It is a fairly short duration spell. Druids don't get too many spells, so using it consistently will deplete your spell reserves. Being Gargantuan for a combat or two is a possibility, but being gargantuan for a majority of your battles may be difficult (depending upon the campaign).

Well, 1 min/level is 10x better than the 1 round/level...and it hits multiple targets...and could easily be extended for a small cost.

I see your point, but already at level 10 it's lasting 10 min, and it does even more at later levels, at an effective lower cost (a 5th level spell slot, or even a 6th, is not as important when you have level 8 spells).

Or just whup out 11k for the Extend Rod...

In any event, I think that combat reflexes is a strong feat in 3.5. Remember, it only takes 1 trip (from a summoned wolf, animal companion, or your fighter ally) to get you extra attacks on your opponent from a huge area. Fighter tries to close? Grapple 'em.

Right now, at level 3, the advantage of being a "large creature with reach" (Mounted Druid with Horse Animal Companion, longspear) and combat reflexes has been shown, simply with the huge amount of space I control. Summon Nature's Ally II - 1d3 augmented wolves have also been useful with the tripping (longspear is a Druidic weapon in this campaign, scimitars are not). Personally, I love the synergies of this build (Animal Companion mounts are stronger and easier to control (and you can do it as a free action), share spells is virtually always useable, mount gives you movement as you summon, large reach to control space, mount threatens close, you threaten far, etc). Even without the mount, Combat Reflexes will become good.

That's my current build, and so far it's working. Just a recommendation, though. The important thing is you should enjoy your build.

*Edited* Because for some reason I keep thinking Animal Growth is 10min/level...idiot...

Last edited:

Rolzup

First Post
One idea that I had -- for a fighting Druid character, perhaps multiclassed with a level or two of barbarian -- was to go for the two-weapon fighting path. Using the Shilleleigh spell (no doubt misspelled by me) on your quarterstaff, and then using it as a double weapon?

Nasty. Combine it with Bear's Strength a level or two on, and a Barkskin that will protect both you and your animal companion.... And of course, you can use two-weapon defense to give your AC a bit of a boost.

I dunno. I just like the idea of a druid kicking butt and taking names.

Rolzup

Trey Gray

First Post
I would actually trade the quicken spell for silent spell especially while using the natural spell...they would not ever see it coming if using hit and run tactics or just ready to kick off a good old fight. If you really wanted to be nice about it use a enlarge silent fireball spell while in wildshape of a rat!!! of course being the size of a rat they really wouldn't hear your squeaks.

Last edited:

Remove ads