best free homebrew setting campaign

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
Dr Simon said:
c) It's kind of a challenge to try to work as much within the minimum rules as possible :)

That was what I intended to do for Urbis as well. Sure, I eventually added rules for spell legality and membership in secret societies, but neither is vital for character creation or campaigning.

William_Ward

First Post
Khoras is likely my favorite, I also like two newer ones, Mirrors and the Baeg Tobar setting. In all cases, it is because they have some differences. Mirrors does some interesting stuff with political/racial stuff, and Baeg Tobar has some nice races (and almost no traditional races).

DragonLancer

Adventurer
Personally I prefer vanilla settings. Theres only so many evil/demon/undead incursions, or Urbis/Eberron style worlds out there. Give me basic but well rounded homebrew worlds.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
So far as great homebrews go, I've been very impressed with Urbis and Amethyst, as well as Agyris (technically systemless, for the most part). There are also some great non-d20 settings that can be used with D&D, True20, or other d20 derivatives with little conversion. For example. . . .

I could see using the vs. Elves barebones setting (Balphor) with D&D, while the JAGS settings C-13 and Wonderland seem that they'd work well with True20, Core Elements, or even Classically Modern (a d20 Modern fantasy supplement).

Currently, I'm working on my own homebrew setting based on the Shining Force II console game (I really just want an excuse to implement SF-style save points in a tabletop game, as well as an excuse to play robots, birdmen, rat kin, and other oddball races).

Finally, I know that there is a largely systemless write-up of the Thief setting (plucked from PC games of the same name) out there someplace.

Gundark

Explorer
vodacce said:
Hi. I find in the net tons of free homebrew setting campaign. What are for you the best? and why? please give me the link

I think YOU need to tell us what you are looking for in a setting and then we can answer which setting fits that notion

Tyler Do'Urden

Soap Maker
Turanil said:
Dusk has its own forum on ENworld (see here). I only regret that it focuses so much on houserules than the setting itself. But I already gave my opinion on that... ;)

I'm aware it has its own forum; I'm just curious as to when the setting books will be back online (I lost them a few years ago when my hard drive crashed; I'm on another computer in another state now and want the material back...

Gundark

Explorer
Gundark said:
I think YOU need to tell us what you are looking for in a setting and then we can answer which setting fits that notion
whoop..read thru the thread and saw that you did that already

My setting isn't vanilla (well there are vanilla elements, but I tried to step away from the mainstream as a whole) I am still developing it. I can post info if your interested.

Remove ads