• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best Love Songs (and "your" songs)

Kennon and I will hit the 4 year anniversary of our first date on the 29th of this month. He surprised me with a visit to my home town (I was a senior in high school, he was a junior in college about 120 miles away from my home)... we cooked with friends on Saturday and then went to go see the incredibly romantic Zoolander. :)

Rel - it sounds like your wedding was absolutely amazing. I really love hearing stories of young love that work out. :D

The Shaman

First Post
DungeonmasterCal said:
"Say Anything" was the movie my wife and I saw on our first date.
We saw The Abyss on our second date - my wife is such the sci-fi geek.

We watch it each August to commemorate the occasion.

Blue_Kryptonite

First Post
The first song we ever danced to was Longer by Dan Fogelberg.

Our Song is You're The Inspiration, by Chicago.

We danced to both of these at our wedding reception, as well as a lot of Journey, Rush, Meatloaf, KISS, Aerosmith, Donna Summer, and Polkas (Slavic family, held in a largely Ukranian firehall). Mostly her picks. :)

The first movie we ever saw together at a theater was Indiana Jones and the temple of Doom. Her pick. :)

The first thing we ever watched together was the compiled Dr. Who movie The Talons of Weng-Chiang. I was about to call home to make sure it was getting VCR'd when she told me we had to stop doing anything... Saturday Night was Dr. Who!

The first adventure she played in was AD&D 1st Edition, Keep On The Borderlands, DM'd by me. :)

I love my wife. :)

Last edited:

nakia

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
You are classy people!

Well, yeah. :cool:

We are actually partial to a cover of that song by Veruca Salt we found on a DM tribute album. Very nice, but the original is great, too.

And, with the whole wife/sports thing, Mrs. nakia is totally the woman from the chips commerical. She got me into baseball and college football. Our first anniversary, we went on a gettaway weekend to Washington DC. I asked her "Is there anything really special you want to do?" She answered "Well, we have to find somewhere to watch the BCS championship game."

nakia said:
We are actually partial to a cover of that song by Veruca Salt we found on a DM tribute album. Very nice, but the original is great, too.

Veruca Salt's cover is quite good... and they happen to be one of my all time super ultra favorite bands. Mmm... angry woman music.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads