• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best / most common "dip" class?

What is your "dip" class?

• Barbarian

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • Bard

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cleric

• Druid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fighter

Votes: 54 38.8%
  • Monk

• Paladin

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Ranger

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Rogue

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Wizard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't dip!

Votes: 21 15.1%

Quartz

Hero
2 levels of Monk (for saves, feats, and Evasion), 2-4 levels of Fighter (for feats and Weapon Spec), 3-4 levels of Paladin (for Divine Grace and Turn Undead to power Divine feats), 4-5 levels of Knight (lots of abilities and good Will save), 2 levels of Barbarian (Rage and Uncanny Dodge), 1-4 levels of Divine Crusader, 1 level of Sorceror for the spells.

FalcWP

Explorer
Fighter is certainly my number one dip. I like rogue-types and often end up in melee, so a couple extra feats are handy. However, Unearthed Arcana's Martial Rogue makes that a nice option as well.

I've dipped in to Ranger before, for skill points and CLW wands. Plus, usually easy to pick something your favored enemy bonus will apply to.

I've also dipped in to rogue and monk for various characters in order to grab Evasion and other goodies.

Swashbuckler is a dip class as well, great for any fighter-type with a 14 intelligence or higher. Free Weapon Finesse and add my intelligence to damage? Sold!

ivocaliban

First Post
Guess I should have read all the options first...

I don't condone dipping without sound logic behind the choice. That said, if I was to dip it would likely be the Fighter class. Although, I agree that the Martial Rogue makes dipping unnecessary.

Starglim

Explorer
Fighter. An instant feat or two comes in very handy and a +1 BAB at every level avoids one of the pains of multiclassing.

I'll agree with divine mind as well.

3d6

Explorer
Fighter and barbarian have been pretty popular in my experience. Two levels of fighter for the bonus feats, and a level of barbarian for rage and the movement boost.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads