• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best New Modules

ProfessorPain

First Post
So I haven't purchased a module in about 8 years. My understanding, from reviews I've read, is the general approach to modules has changed a great deal in that time (please feel free to correct me if I am wrong). Can anyone recommend solid modules that have come out for various systems and genres in the past 8 years?

Got any particular interests/systems/styles of gaming that you focus on?

You might get more helpful answers if you are more specific. (I know it would help me answer your question better).

ProfessorPain

First Post
Got any particular interests/systems/styles of gaming that you focus on?

You might get more helpful answers if you are more specific. (I know it would help me answer your question better).

I am not too worried about the system. But anything for 3E, Savage Worlds, GURPS, d20 Modern, would be nice. As for genre: Horror, Fantasy or Modern Espionage is good.

The Red Hand of Doom is considered one of the best 3.5 adventures out there. It has a strong war theme.

War of the Burning Sky can be purchased from your favorite D&D website!

Also, any adventure with the word "Pathfinder" on the front cover can be considered good.

That's a good general start.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Whispering Cairn by Erik Mona, from Dungeon #124, has a good rep, that I've seen anyway. Likewise, several of the DCC (Dungeon Crawl Classic) adventures. I'm not that familiar, so perhaps others could point out the best of them. I think there're a couple that are essentially a homage to B1 and B2, and that are apparently pretty neat.

Treebore

First Post
For 4E I have really taken a liking to the Punjar modules and the Isle of the Sea Drakes looks to be real good. All from Goodman Games, of course.

Personally I have also fallen in love with everything Paizo has been doing, I wouldn't rate a single module below "good", and many are very good to excellent. Meaning since they quit publishing Dungeon.

Remove ads