D&D 5E Best Official 1-3 or 1-5 Level Adventures?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I've heard that T1-4 The Temple of Elemental Evil pretty good. :p

giphy.gif

T1 is great. Nearly any other adventure, past or present, is a better choice than Temple of Elemental Evil.

Clint_L

Hero
Explorers Guide to Wildmount has 4 1-3 level adventures that start off in different regions of the campaign setting. Frozen Sick is the only one I've ran, and it's excellent, but the others read well and have their own distinct flavor. On top of that, the guide itself lends to an easy to run sandbox campaign if the group goes past the starter adventure, with dozens of cities, wilderness, and ruins across the continent with enough information and plot hooks to keep a party busy for years. Highly recommend.
I strongly concur - I've run three of the four, all somewhat customized, which was easy, and have a campaign set in Wildmount. They are excellent starter adventures and it is my favourite D&D setting that isn't Greyhawk. Very much a sandbox setting in a fairly traditional fantasy style - basically a somewhat conventional fantasy setting but with modern sensibilities.

Clint_L

Hero
I'm also a huge fan of Death House, the 1-3 adventure from Ravenloft...though that said, the last time I used it I ran it using the Dread game system and it was even better.

pukunui

Legend
I recommend two of the adventures released during the D&D Next playtest: Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle and Scourge of the Sword Coast. Together they make a solid sandbox.
Yes, I love Scourge of the Sword Coast. I think it's one of the best 5e adventures, and it's not even officially for 5e (since it's a playtest adventure). The follow-up, Dead in Thay, was updated to the final 5e rules and included in Tales from the Yawning Portal, but it's for higher levels. The update is missing the encounter that bridges the two parts, so you'd have to get the original D&D Next version if you wanted to run both together.

Jack Hooligan

Explorer

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Explorers Guide to Wildmount has 4 1-3 level adventures that start off in different regions of the campaign setting. Frozen Sick is the only one I've ran, and it's excellent, but the others read well and have their own distinct flavor. On top of that, the guide itself lends to an easy to run sandbox campaign if the group goes past the starter adventure, with dozens of cities, wilderness, and ruins across the continent with enough information and plot hooks to keep a party busy for years. Highly recommend.
Frozen sick is free on DnDbeyond....IIRC.

Remove ads