• Morgan Le Fay (Excalibur)

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • The seer (Vikings)

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Darth Vader (Star Wars)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Thulsa Doom (Conan the Barbarian)

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • David Lo Pan (Big Trouble in Little China)

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Kaulder (The Last Witchunter)

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Jean-Francois (Brotherhood of the Wolf)

• Hellboy (Hellboy)

• Nancy Downs (The Craft)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Queen Ravenna (Snow White and theHuntsman)

• Warlock (The Warlock 1989)

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Voldemort (Harry Potter)

• Caleb Danvers (Covenant)

• Lady Van Tassel (Sleepy Hollow)

• Lord of Darkness (Legend)

• Shang Tsung (Mortal Kombat)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Bran (GoT)

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Ezra Scarlet (Fairy tail)

• Lucy (Fairy Tail)

• Venom (MCU)

Votes: 4 11.1%

Sacrosanct

Legend
Previous polls here:
Barbarian
Bard
Cleric
Druid
Fighter
Monk
Paladin
Ranger
Rogue
Sorcerer

Since there is a lot of overlap on screen between sorcerers, wizards, and warlocks, and most of them do not follow D&D mechanics that separate their abilities, I was toying with the idea of one single poll. Then I started listing names. There are so many, I think I'll keep the polls separate and do my best to put the characters into buckets they best fit, but I know there will some that could go either way.

Rules: You get 4 votes in this poll.

Undrave

Legend
Wouldn't Lucy be a better Warlock for Fairy Tail? Considering she signs a contract with celestial spirits? Also the Dragon Hunters -type sorcerers in there could be said to be in a Dragon Pact...

You could also argue that Captain Marvel in the MCU is a Warlock who made a Pact with the Space Stone for power.

Also, in almost all of these thread I end up with a suggestion from Thunderbolt Fantasy... it's surprisingly fitting... Season 2 basically has an Hexblade Warlock in it.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Wouldn't Lucy be a better Warlock for Fairy Tail? Considering she signs a contract with celestial spirits?

TBH, I don't know. Never saw it. I'm only going by what I found online that defined those characters, and what people submitted in earlier polls.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Sabrina and her relatives from Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Their magic is explicitly patron-based, even to the point of having to find a new patron when they turf out Lucifer.

Sabrina and her relatives from Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Their magic is explicitly patron-based, even to the point of having to find a new patron when they turf out Lucifer.
But putting the patron aside their way of doing magic is mostly wizardly.
I feel the same about Voldemort, he is a wizard that turn evil.
Warlock and pact with the « devil » in story is often a turn point in a career,
while in DnD it begin right at the start. Like sorcerer the identity of warlock is not clearly cut.

Last edited:

I was going to say it's a shame the poll doesn't allow theatre/opera, since Faust would be a shoe in. However, looking on Wikipedia, there have been several film adaptations of Faust, some quite recent - just not in English.

7769ec51d3fe47218f420b034d2a7fe3.jpg

Remove ads