• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best opening move...

Yig

First Post
Maximized + Empowered + Energy Admixted Orb of X.

This is my main form of attack. Damage of 243 for a level 8 slot. Not too bad :)

But I should mention that I'm playing a level 26 warmage...

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Inconsequenti-AL said:
CL pump + blasphemy?

I hated this type of combo in RttToEE. My rogue spent 3 big fights stunned and waiting to be eaten. 2 of the 3 were effects from our own cleric. =P

In another campaign I'm playing a Bard/Seeker and my fav. opening move has been Mirage Arcana to make it look like the ground just fell away into deep chasms or lava is breaking through the ground. It's a nice way to break up combatants so we can pound away with ranged attacks. I'm thinking of taking Disguise Spell from CAdv so that casters don't get a spellcraft check vs. the illusion.

kjenks

First Post
My 11th sorceress has taken to casting a Greater Invisibility spell long before combat, designating her raven familiar as the toucher. The raven holds the charge on the touch spell as it sits in its Familiar Pocket (spell from Complete Arcane). On my initiative, the raven pops out of the pocket, touches my character with the Greater Invis, then pops back in. Then my character can do whatever she wants -- effectively getting one more spell off in the first round. (You must have the familiar do its thing first; if the master casts another spell, the touch spell disipates.)

In my most recent game, we modified that tactic, casting Familiar Pocket on the party rogue's cloak. Then the raven could pop out and touch the rogue with Greater Invis, for much sneak attack fun, while my character didn't have to spend a round buffing up the rogue.

This tactic is cheaper than -- and it stacks with -- Imbue Familiar with Spell Ability (Complete Arcane).

Remove ads