• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best race for a bard?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
What kind of Bard will you be? Melee, archery, spellcasting, diplomacy master? I'd suggest Archery, which would make Elf or Halfling reasonable choices.

-- N

pawsplay

Hero
CrimsonWineGlass said:
I am working on making a character for a level 9 game. The party has everything it needs so I decided to go with a bard, but whats the best race for a bard?

If you're planning on doing any melee, human is nice for the extra feat. If you want to max out Diplomacy, half-elf is the way to go, although they are otherwise sparse in advantages. Gnomes can multiclass easiest. Elves can become Bladesingers, and have longbow proficiency.

Goals? Dreams? Likes? Dislikes?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
1) What books can you use?

2) Do you have a concept in mind and you just don't have a race for the concept?

3) Do you have a preferred playstyle?

4) What does the rest of the party look like?

Child of Hypnos

First Post
Felix said:
Half-orc.

Like the Spanish Inquisition, nobody will expect it. :)

Everybody always thinks of Half-orcs for a low Charisma characters! If you really want something nobody expects go for a Dwarf Saxophonist. (or for something really outlandish a dwarf harp/lyre player!)

Drowbane

First Post
CrimsonWineGlass said:
I am working on making a character for a level 9 game. The party has everything it needs so I decided to go with a bard, but whats the best race for a bard?

Athas Gnome

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads