• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best spells for a cleric to imbue?

Kahuna Burger

First Post
My cleric in the STAP has just gotten access to "Imbue with Spell Ability" and since she also has a lot of other things to do and ends up not casting most of her daily spells, I think it could be good to use.

The two potential recipients of the spell are a frontline dwarven fighter and a scout cohort. according to the spell "Only cleric spells from the schools of abjuration, divination, and conjuration (healing) can be transferred." and I think either of them would qualify for the transfer of one or two 1st-level spells and one 2nd-level spell. But I'm not sure what spells to consider. The campaign uses the spell compendium and much of PHBII. Aside from Close Wounds, which it's always nice to have someone else ready for an emergency heal, I'm at a bit of a loss....

If anyone has regularly Imbued, what are your favorite spells to use?

Jack99

Adventurer
I am not familiar with close wound, but I usually use cure moderate if there is no other healer, and SoF.

Shield Other and Remove Paralysis are also good spells to pass on, for obvious reasons

Scharlata

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
...If anyone has regularly Imbued, what are your favorite spells to use?

Hi!

Imbue:
1st
Cure Light Wounds
Lesser Vigor (SC)
Nightshield (SC)
Resurgence (SC)
Shield of Faith
Blessed Aim (SC)
Grave Strike (SC) especially rogues
2nd
Energized Shield (SC)
Luminous Armor (BoED)
Protection from Negative Energy (SC)
Shield Other
Lesser Spell Immunity (SC)
Close Wounds (SC)
Conduit of Life (CC)
Cure Moderate Wounds
Lesser Restoration
Divine Insight (SC)
Find Traps
Insight of Good Fortune (PH II)
Lore of the Gods (CC)

CC = Complete Champion
SC = Spell Compendium
BoED = Book of Exalted Deeds
PH II = Player's Handbook II

Good imbueing!

Elder-Basilisk

First Post
The ones my cleric regularly imbues are:

Grave Strike x2
Remove Paralysis

Before Divine Insight was banned in Living Greyhawk, he typically imbued his cohort with divine insight in the second level slot. Close Wounds also seems like a very good choice, as does Divine Protection.

In the first level slot, I like shield of faith as an option (and, in fact, my cleric often imbues his rogue cohort with one shield of faith and one gravestrike) and resurgence is also a very attractive option.

Remove ads