• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best Warrior Cleric Build?

Majoru Oakheart

Adventurer
Mistwell said:
So, I'll ask again. Is there an official rulling on this? The implied minimum caster level rule, which appears in all sorts of places throughout the core rule books, seems to apply to this situation as well. Is there a ruling from an official or semi-official source that says that this feat combination can bypass the implied minimum caster level rule?

I'm not aware of any implied caster level rule. It just says "the spell slot for the spell doesn't change." Since it still uses up a 3rd level slot (or whatever level the spell you are using it on is), there is no need to have the ability to cast higher level spells than that.

Basically, the point of the feat is that your turning attempts are using positive energy to replace the extra effort normally required to use a metamagic feat.

Given, I do believe that the combination of a couple specific spells and persistant spell and divine metamagic are in fact broken. This does still take 7 turning attempts in order to cast the one spell per day that is persistant, however.

Remove ads