• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Beta Random Dungeon Generator at dxContent.com

I'm working on random map creation tools for dxContent.com. I've added a beta random dungeon generator for people to play with in the dxContent random generator library. It builds the dungeon from tile set pieces and there are currently over 300 tiles (more to come) for the generator to choose from. You can choose such options as height, width, number of stairs up, number of stairs down and and has two tile size choices (50x50 and 100x100).

Its beta still so dont be surprised to see a few oddities, but I'm working to perfect the generator. Check it out!

New improvements to the Beta Random Dungeon Generator - Your previously selected options are remembered each time your run the generator allowing for quicker variations to be generated.

FYI - the "Complexity" option has been renamed to "Simplicity". A low simplicity score will yield almost every part of the map to be filled with a random tile, while a complexity of 10 will make minor modifications to the base selected floorplan style. "Shape" has been renamed to "Floorplan" and a new base floorplan (intersecting hallways) has been added.

Beta Random Dungeon Generator v1.4

The beta random dungeon generator has received some enhancements. It's now version 1.4.

The newest feature adds doors to the map! And not just doors, but secret doors, concealed doors and portcullis style doors.

I've added a new starting floor plan style (Spurs). The starting floor plan provides a starting basis for the generator to mutate into a custom dungeon. The new floor plan brings the total number of base dungeon shapes to 3:

-Rectangle - bases the dungeon on a large rectangular hallway loop.
-Intersecting corridors - builds the dungeon around a pair of main intersecting corridors.
-Spurs - uses a main corridor and then branches hallway spurs off that to create the dungeon.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads