Beyond the Wall and OSE: Playbooks

Cruentus

Adventurer
Have you see the playbooks in their other games, Grizzled Adventurers and Through Sunken Lands? They do a great job of tuning the experience.

In Grizzled Adventurers, there's just one main playbook, but it creates a curmudgeon adventurer with old grudges and debts connecting them to the rest of the party.
I have Through Sunken Lands. I like it a lot, but I feel like it really builds a more S&S type character - Conan, Elric (I know, Elric isn't really S&S), etc., and it has a more eternal champion kind of vibe.

Ooh, I don't have Grizzled Adventurers. I'll have to grab that one, I don't know how I missed it. That sounds great. Thanks for the heads up.

Cruentus

Adventurer
I collated and updated the first post to include a second file. This file is modeled on the first, and includes Knight, Paladin, Cleric, Magic User, and Thief.

Each has its own playbook for chargen, and is based on my campaign using OSE Advanced, with some of the optional rules baked in. Also, since we've been playing for over 40 years, I tried to minimize the YA slant of the original Beyond the Wall playbooks.

Again, these are heavily derivative of BtW, and are for personal use and not fore sale, etc. I highly recommend checking out Beyond the Wall and all the supplements from Flatland Games.

Also happy to further discuss, receive feedback, etc. around OSE Advanced, Beyond, Dolmenwood.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I have Through Sunken Lands. I like it a lot, but I feel like it really builds a more S&S type character - Conan, Elric (I know, Elric isn't really S&S), etc., and it has a more eternal champion kind of vibe.

Ooh, I don't have Grizzled Adventurers. I'll have to grab that one, I don't know how I missed it. That sounds great. Thanks for the heads up.
I really like the Grizzled Adventures system for building dungeons, which can be used (although with different monsters in most cases) in their other games.

Remove ads