• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General BG3 Massive Spoiler Thread

I brought her in and shut the door but as soon as her turn comes up she yells and the whole place is live.
Priestess Gut first takes you to a side room and tries to convince you to drink a sleeping potion. If you are any kind of Elf (Half, High, Drow) then the potion does nothing and you have to fight her in that room. She shouts for the guards on HER turn, so you need to prevent that by casting a spell like Hold Person before her turn comes. Alternatively, you can cast Silence in the place she will stand before she walks into the side room.

Any other race drinks the potion and wakes up in a small prison in her chambers. She and her ogre companion are the only two people here and she is safe to be killed. Your MC can choose to break out with Athletics or Acrobatics themselves, or just wait to see an interesting cutscene where an assassin dwarf working for Raphael appears and breaks you free.

TL;DR Elves have to disable or silence her before her turn. Everyone else can go to her bedroom and kill her there.

Scribe

Legend
I think I've broken the dialogue before the Nere fight. I cannot get the Duergar to ally with me, they all blow me off in conversation, and if I ally with Nere its Oathbreaker time (as I played it out to see if I could get through the fight).

I really need to stop putting myself in a position where I am without rest/resources, before the bigger fights, I did this with the Goblin Camp too. :D

I think I've broken the dialogue before the Nere fight. I cannot get the Duergar to ally with me, they all blow me off in conversation, and if I ally with Nere its Oathbreaker time (as I played it out to see if I could get through the fight).

I really need to stop putting myself in a position where I am without rest/resources, before the bigger fights, I did this with the Goblin Camp too. :D
My favourite tactic is to wait for him to die. But if you want to save the gnomes, or just prefer the personal touch, then there are only two duergar (near the door) that can be persuaded to side with you. But if you don't convince them, you could always kill all the duergar before freeing Nere. I favour a mining accident, filling the room with a little too much smokepowder...

Scribe

Legend
My favourite tactic is to wait for him to die. But if you want to save the gnomes, or just prefer the personal touch, then there are only two duergar (near the door) that can be persuaded to side with you. But if you don't convince them, you could always kill all the duergar before freeing Nere. I favour a mining accident, filling the room with a little too much smokepowder...

I'd have to go back and pick up barrels in the first zone, and it feels to 'gamey' to me. The 2 at the door just give me the cold shoulder, I must have talked to them once I got into the zone and pissed them off or something.

I have my party spread out, and walking through it in my head and piecing together my MANY attempts, I know I could win, I just need the dice gods to come down on my side. :D

I'll go back a save and try again.
If it's still giving you trouble, have Lae'zel speak to her and drink the potion. It's not the most lore friendly thing (as if Lae'zel would drink any goblin potion), but gets Gut into the private room where you can kill her and the ogre without further interference.

Better yet, sneak into her room and kill the ogre first, then come out and have Lae'zel drink the potion. Not sure how meta that is for you, though.

Remove ads