• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Big armors

MorganKiller

First Post
I was wondering why big armors don't provide an extra armor bonus while Tiny ones provide half the usual bonus...
I mean, a Colossal suit of Full plate armor should be pretty hard to penetrate! What do you think about this?

(BTW, if there is a rule about this and I just missed it could you please point it out?)

Vaxalon

First Post
MorganKiller said:
I was wondering why big armors don't provide an extra armor bonus while Tiny ones provide half the usual bonus...
I mean, a Colossal suit of Full plate armor should be pretty hard to penetrate! What do you think about this?

(BTW, if there is a rule about this and I just missed it could you please point it out?)

I'd say that as the armor gets bigger, you're not bashing through it as much as you're slipping through the gaps.

Aaron2

Explorer
I would assume that armor is the same thickness regardless of whether it's for a tiny character or a huge one. Armor for a large creature only weighs 2 times the amount of Medium armor. If it were scaled up in all dimensions (i.e. thickness) it would weigh 8 times as much.

Aaron

MorganKiller

First Post
I can see your point...

Well, then I will try something different from a full-plated tarrasque, even if it looked definitedly cute ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads