• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Big dice

Festivus

First Post
For reference of choking hazards, if it can fit through the tube at the center of a toilet paper roll it should be kept out of reach. Yes, that includes miniatures... all of mine which now live in the garage.

Those 55mm d20s are big enough to not be a hazard, sadly... I bought some big 20 siders from Chessex but I don't recall seeing anything but d20s.

|)ar|{

First Post
I have the foam dice and it has great randomness. No complaint other than when I ordered two they sent me to "random color" dice of the same color... booo

Red Viper

First Post
I had a couple friends who got some about the size of a Tennis ball. They picked them up at a WOTC store. Sad to say that store is gone so i can't get a set of my own.

Shadowslayer

Explorer
heh, there was a company a little while back who's ad had nerdPron's Anna posing semi-seductively with one.

The messageboards almost melted. :p

Dremmen

First Post
Timmundo said:
My wife is expecting - so now I am in need of large, non-chokable RPG dice. Does anyone know where I can get a set (or if such a product exists?)

Thanks,
Tim

Well, in my experience you have *at least* six months after the baby is born before this even becomes an issue. It'll be 3 months before the baby can reach out and grab something nearby on purpose, and another three before it gets mobile. Before then you can put the baby down and there it stays until you get back. Maybe it'll turn over, but it isn't about to go wondering to your table to grab dice. It may be as much as a year before the baby can get up, wonder to a table and try to reach out to grab something, and maybe more.

Unless you were planning on using the dice as a toy for the baby, which may be a good way to break them into the hobby early. In which case I'd go with the plush oversized ones =)

The Lost Muse

First Post
Dremmen said:
Unless you were planning on using the dice as a toy for the baby, which may be a good way to break them into the hobby early. In which case I'd go with the plush oversized ones =)

Now... there's a thought...

And thanks for all the links :D

Remove ads