• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Big Love

punkorange

First Post
Has anyone caught this HBO series? My wife and I have watched season one (minus the season finale) and it's pretty good. Just curious about other's opinions on it.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I didn't watch it consistently but the episodes I saw were enjoyable - and an nteresting premise (at least from this far away:))

Fast Learner

First Post
Quite enjoyable. They really do an excellent job of making you at least somewhat sympathetic of the idea of polyamory, as well as making it clear why I, personally, would stay way the hell away. :)

punkorange

First Post
Yeah, I've known about the concept of polyamory through various shows on MTV or whatever, but the polygamy compounds with the 13 year old wives is horrible, and this show is the first I had ever really heard of that

Mean Eyed Cat

Explorer
Fast Learner said:
Quite enjoyable. They really do an excellent job of making you at least somewhat sympathetic of the idea of polyamory, as well as making it clear why I, personally, would stay way the hell away. :)

Yeah, my wife and I rented season one and I feel the same way. The first episode had me saying, "What the heck!?! These people are friggin' crazy -- polygyny would make my head explode!!!" However, by the last episode I was cheering and defending the family -- "They can't do that to the Henricksons!!!"

Remove ads