• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Big Props for Erik Mona

Orcus

First Post
I think I owe Erik one. :)

My last thread where I said Erik was my.... well, you know. I owe him one. He is the coolest guy in gaming and he and James and Co are the best designers.

Personally, I think he has done an amazing job keeping the soul of D&D alive in Dungeon and Dragon (in particular Dungeon). You guys know where I stand about what 1st edition feel is and Erik gets it. He loves the shared history of the game and the references and the mythology of D&D. He and I were talking today about 4E and how it better allow us to play D&D the way we believe it should be played. And if it doesnt we will fix it. I love that he thinks about D&D that way. Necro has been successful I think because we love what we do and love what we make. We are gamers first. Erik is the same way.

So hats off to Erik Mona!!! There is nothing bitchy about him :) He is the MAN!

And big fat props to James Jacobs too.

Clark

(and props for being a good sport about my other thread :) )

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Wasn't your first thread praising him to high heavens enough or is this some sort of mutual designers admiration on booze thing?

What did he do, cast Charm Person on you? :lol:

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
Nah, I think this thread is warranted. (And Well Said, Orcus.) :)

I think Erik (and James, and all the staff at Paizo) deserve all the kudos they get. (And while we're shamelessly hyping, I'll throw in a "Props" for Orcus, as well.) :D

They did a spectacular job with the stewadship of Dragon and Dungeon magazine, of listening to the fans, and most importantly, of remembering the roots of D+D (which is now doubly important, IMO, as we look to the future of 4E, with only vague ideas of what lies ahead.)

Their stewardship of Dragon and Dungeon made me take notice of the magazines for the first time in many years, and Pathfinder likewise seems off to a very promising start! (And all 3 Adventure Paths rank up there in my "Top 10" list of D20 products.)

Indeed, the demise of 3E presumably means there will be no "Dragon Compendium 2", or "Age of Worms" or "Savage Tide" hardcovers; three items I was still holding out hope for until the announcement of 4E. :(

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
ShadowDenizen said:
Nah, I think this thread is warranted. (And Well Said, Orcus.) :)

I don't mind the kudos, but two kudos threads for the same designer in two days by the same poster?

I was wondering if he lost a bet or got drunk or something. ;)

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
I was wondering if he lost a bet or got drunk or something.

I guess we can't rule that out, can we? :p

Now I have to go look for the other thread, since I somehow missed it. (I'm only in the 4eE forums sporadically.)

ivocaliban

First Post
ShadowDenizen said:
They did a spectacular job with the stewadship of Dragon and Dungeon magazine, of listening to the fans, and most importantly, of remembering the roots of D+D (which is now doubly important, IMO, as we look to the future of 4E, with only vague ideas of what lies ahead.)
Agreed. I've been picking up dozens of issues via eBay in the past month and I have to say I wish I'd had a subscription for the past four years! Great stuff. Many thanks to E.N. and the gang!

ShadowDenizen said:
Indeed, the demise of 3E presumably means there will be no "Dragon Compendium 2", or "Age of Worms" or "Savage Tide" hardcovers; three items I was still holding out hope for until the announcement of 4E. :(
Way to bum me out, man. :\

messy

Explorer
ShadowDenizen said:
I think Erik (and James, and all the staff at Paizo) deserve all the kudos they get.

i agree. i feel like paizo is in good hands with erik and james at the helm. :cool:

messy

Orcus

First Post
I agree that my last one was a kudos thread, but you have to admit the title was a bit dodgy. it was titled "erik mona is my b*tch" and i just wanted to make sure everyone knows I think he is the man.

Probably not warranted, but I'd rather err on the side of people knowing how cool he is. I would hate to have someone say, "you know I dont remember exactly but I think someone thought that Mona guy was a punk. I remember some thread on enworld..." :)

Clark

Shade

Monster Junkie
Now that I realize 4e has destroyed everything I love about past editions of the game, I view the final few years of Dragon and Dungeon to be the ultimate swan song for the game I love.

If you guys can somehow fix the damage done with 4e, I'm with you. If not...

Mona and Jacobs (and Peterson) for 5e!

Remove ads