• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Big stack of bodies

mypetrock

First Post
Usually when our group is in combat, once they kill a critter, we remove the critter from the board. But what do you do when a whole mess of critters (20+ and counting) charges the party and dies in a big heap? How do you handle the dead bodies? How many critters does it take to start filling up an area?

mypetrock

Crothian

First Post
We have special chits that represent a dead creature. Going through the space a dead creature is in can cause problems with footing. Sometimes the bodies do pile up, and that just makes those spaces less accessible.

kreynolds

First Post
Crothian said:
We have special chits that represent a dead creature. Going through the space a dead creature is in can cause problems with footing. Sometimes the bodies do pile up, and that just makes those spaces less accessible.

I imagine that those mini poker chips would work quite well for this. Sounds like a good idea Crothian. I should try that.

Last edited:

mikebr99

Explorer
Crothian said:
And another reason to put points in Balance!

kreynolds

First Post
mikebr99 said:
And another reason to put points in Balance!

Or climb, if it gets bad enough.
sagrin.gif

Crothian

First Post
kreynolds said:

Or climb, if it gets bad enough.

Or if the enemy if large or bigger. I had a duelist fight from the chest of a dead giant once. He made his balance check every round and fought the giants from his elvated position. Then as more giants fell, he'd do jumps and flips from giant to giant to get at the live ones. It was really cool.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads