Black Spine: Adventures under a Dark Sun

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
The heat of the day is sliding into the cool of night, and the bazaar of Nibenay is alive with activity. Templars, thievess, children, slaves, and merchants all mingle together, rubbing elbows in the setting of the sun. Suddenly, a sly-looking elf appears in front of you, his face wrinkled and burnished by the deep desert. His clothes are made for traveling, and two short blades rest at his side. He sidles up to you, glances over your armor and weapons, and incongruously asks "Need any carpentry work done?"

Grykee:
From a swift glance in the direction of a nearby templar, and his inflection, you easily deduce that he has something rather more important than woodwork to discuss, but would prefer not to do so in public.

Garak:
From his twitching eyes, strange inflection, and bizarre behavior, you easily deduce that the man is utterly insane, likely addled by the sun.

IC: Garak takes an unobtrusive step back to let the more sociably-inclined members of the party get rid of the elf. Meanwhile, he keeps a sharp eye out in case any thieves or pickpockets try anything while the everyone is distracted.

OOC: Paxus, I assume the entire group is present, not just Garak and Grykee?

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
humble minion said:
IC: Garak takes an unobtrusive step back to let the more sociably-inclined members of the party get rid of the elf. Meanwhile, he keeps a sharp eye out in case any thieves or pickpockets try anything while the everyone is distracted.

OOC: Paxus, I assume the entire group is present, not just Garak and Grykee?

OOC: That is correct.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Arriha kept her blue-black eyes open in the bazaar, as rubbing elbows was not something that appealed to the aarakocra. She preferred to be in the sky, floating on the winds.

She typically preferred to be in the form of another human while on the ground, but the warm updrafts of early evening were calling to her. So, she remained a grounded aarakocra.

In anticipation of taking flight, she glanced around at the buildings and sky, to be certain nothing would be in her way.

Arriha seemed more concerned with the sky and potential pickpockets than some odd looking elf confronting Garak.

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Grykee unleashes with old skool thiefs cant...

"What luck, I was just out looking for a carpenter." Grykee replies after a moment.

"Perhaps you could show me some of your previous work," she gestures to the neighboring shops, "where we can discuss what needs doing."

She turns to her companions, "Arriha, Garak and I are going to talk business with this tradesman. Could you keep on eye out for trouble, you know how easily Uden wanders into it."

Grykee turns back to the elf, "After you", and gestures to the crowd.

Bluffs to convey the following messages, +23 before dice.

To the Elf: I was just out looking for work.
To Arriha; Watch our backs.

Arriha should have a Sense Motive high enough to get the gist of that... for the record the SM skills in descending order: Gykee 17, Lifeheart 9, Arriha 6, Garrak 5, Uden and Ursus -1.

I figure the others will come along, but that Arriha won't likely want to go into any buildings or tight spaces. Anyone not chiming in can be assumed to be with her. I also figure on bringing atleast Garak as back up...

I have already manifested the following: Combat Precognition, Conceal Thoughts both extended. They were manifested before Grykee went to sleep and will last for 24 hours. Currentl down 6 pp.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Arriha:
You understand that Grykee wants you to watch their backs.

The elf leads Grykee into a noisy pottery shop with a considerable flow of traffic. While making a show of examining a painted vase, he speaks quietly and quickly; only those directly next to him can make out what he says.

Grykee (and Garak, if he follows):
I'll be brief. My village has a serious gith problem, and we need capable persons such as yourselves to sort it out. We're artisans, for the most part, with finer work than you'll get anywhere else, and we can offer a great deal in trade if you're willing, not to mention a convenient place off the main roads if you ever need somewhere to stay. Could you help us? I swear we can make it worth your while.

"Grykee..." Garak begins, but she is gone before he has time to finish the sentence. Grumbling, he follows her grudgingly into the shop. Somebody's got to take care of her after all, and the strange elf could be up to anything.

Upon hearing the elf's offer, Garak wrinkles his brow suspiciously. First a carpenter, now hiring mercenaries. And an artisan wouldn't carry twin blades - fighting double handed is difficult, and only a professional can devote enough time to learn. One way or the other, the elf is almost certainly more trouble than he is worth. Garak tries to catch Grykee's eye (and the eyes of any other party members who are present) while the elf is not looking at him. He shakes his head repressively at them, and nods in the direction of the exit, trying to hint that the group should leave.

OOC: Garak does not have any persistent spells active on a routine basis. I will update his Rogue's gallery with his normal spell selection tonight. But meanwhile, I'm assuming he has no prepared spells that will help right now...

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

Lifehearth Ristu : Female Pterran Druid 11

Ristu stayed close to Gree-lok as she meandered through the market. Not paying attention to the others at the moment, she is surprised to note that several have apparently disappeared. So she moves over to Arriha.

"Where did the others go?"

Last edited by a moderator:

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Grykee promotes herself to Mercenary Captian.

"Well, your offer sounds a little sketchy, however I understand this is only our opening discussion. I need to confer with my 'Lieutenant'. If you'll pardon us a moment? I'll be right back. Thanks."

If the Elf assents, Grykee will step back out to the street with Garak in tow.

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
evileeyore said:
"Well, your offer sounds a little sketchy, however I understand this is only our opening discussion. I need to confer with my 'Lieutenant'. If you'll pardon us a moment? I'll be right back. Thanks."

If the Elf assents, Grykee will step back out to the street with Garak in tow.

He assents, grudgingly; he seems a touch desperate.

Remove ads