Black Spine: Adventures under a Dark Sun

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Arriha: Aarakocra Air Cleric 1 / Nomad 9

Ristu said:
"Where did the others go?"

"Others went indoors, to speak of carpentry, or some such. Grykee asked me to watch the area for trouble," Arriha stated simply, "I am going to take a look from on high, I won't be long . . . unfortunately . . . the drafts feel marvelous . . . but I'll stay just above you if I can."

Arriha smiled at Ristu, then with a swift motion launched herself straight into the air . . . where she felt much more at home. She soared up sixty feet, beat her wings to stay in place, and scanned the area looking for any trouble. Arriha tried to stay true to her word, keeping Ristu in sight below her.

She liked the pterran, and hated to run off, but Grykee was depending on her to scout around.

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Grykee getting all racist

As she steps into the street Grykee spots Arriha taking flight, and Ristu standing with the others. She weaves through the crowds over to them.

"Well we have a 'job' offer" she says, making finger quotes. "It seems there is a small village that is in danger of its loot falling into the wrong hands. Those being Gith. The elf says his village can only offer trade goods and hospitality in exchange for driving off the animals. So do I go back and get more info and up our price, or do I let him down gently?"

"Personally I don't trust anyone that lives in houses, but it could be easy money."

Garak is not impressed

"If it wasn't entirely in his head" Garak sighs. "Couldn't you tell, Grykee? That one's been out in the sun too long. He's cooked his brains. Didn't you see the way he twitched? I doubt this village of his even exists. He would have been claiming to be Hamanu himself if we'd listened to him any longer."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Garak said:
"If it wasn't entirely in his head" Garak sighs. "Couldn't you tell, Grykee? That one's been out in the sun too long. He's cooked his brains. Didn't you see the way he twitched? I doubt this village of his even exists. He would have been claiming to be Hamanu himself if we'd listened to him any longer."

Arriha floated down upon seeing Grykee and Garak rejoin the others. Hearing the explanation and options, she added her opinion. . .

"if there is no town, then our job becomes much easier," Arriha said, "Of course, our payment may not be there as well. Perhaps we should hear him out, to determine if he is sane, and if he can at least pay for our help."

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Grykee wonders about Garak sometimes...

She squints at Garak and shakes her head. As she speaks she adjusts her turban and scratches at her short hair.

"We've all been in the sun too long Garak. This elf however was probably just worried about the nearby Templars. You know how they get if they see two point-ears talking low."

"The way I see it is he's desperate. Likely been turned down by reputalbe Mercenaries and is afraid now he is turning to thugs. He's probably worried we'll be a worse cure than the Gith plague they're under now. He may also be worried about what happens when pay day comes, which would be why the proffesionals turned him out. He ain't offering money."

Grykee sighs, "Or this village is, lets say, not under the august authority of the local ruler. A touch illegal and he is trying very hard not to draw official attention. So he turns to what looks like down on their luck wanders. Who just might be willing to help out."

She pauses for a minute. 'However I say lets atleast hear him out the rest of the way. Get some more basic info and discuss relative prices..."

Garak knows when he's outnumbered

Garak sighs in resignation.
"Whatever. I suppose talking to him can't hurt, at least. Just keep an eye on him, ok? And try to get a hold of something of his so I can do a reading. That might help us understand what we're really dealing with here."

He follows Grykee back into the shop where the elf waits.

OOC: Garak's psionic talent is Lesser Object Reading. The rest of the group is probably aware of this. He is suggesting he use this talent to learn more about the elf.

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
The elf smiles as you return. "Good! I was beginning to worry. Now, this pot is an especial beauty. Note the-" he leans in closer, his voice lowering. "So you're worried about the pay? If it's strictly necessary, we do have some silver. Also, some of the gith carry steel weapons. We don't know how they got them, and we're worried about what that'll mean fighting them, but if you can kill them, there's a small fortune in metal to be had."

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Grykee cocks an eyebrow at the mention of metal weapons.

"It wasn't so much the form of the payment that is a concern. Although currency is always preferred to tradegoods. It is amount. Also other details that need for exploring in depth."

"However that is neither here nor now. I persume your village needs help now so we should away. Just two questions first, one; what is the name of your village, and two; how many days run is it?"

She half turns to Garak.

"The other question can wait until we are on our way."

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
evileeyore said:
Grykee cocks an eyebrow at the mention of metal weapons.

"It wasn't so much the form of the payment that is a concern. Although currency is always preferred to tradegoods. It is amount. Also other details that need for exploring in depth."

"However that is neither here nor now. I persume your village needs help now so we should away. Just two questions first, one; what is the name of your village, and two; how many days run is it?"

She half turns to Garak.

"The other question can wait until we are on our way."

"It's two days away, three for the round-ears, and not so large as to have a proper name. Our leader is called Tenpug, so we call it Tenpug's village."

Remove ads