• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Black Spine: Adventures under a Dark Sun

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
The group assembles at the Pickled Jankx; Rakskon is there, drinking sparingly of cheap broy. "I take it you're ready to go? We're heading northeast, along the main road, so there shouldn't be much trouble for this first stretch."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
evileeyore said:
"No problems here, we are ready to leave."

OOC: Hope noone needs anything else...

The group leaves Nibenay, heading along the main road northeast. By sunrise, you are almost to the point where Rakskon has said you will need to leave the road, and all are ready to make camp.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Arriha - Female Aarakocra Cleric/Nomad

Arriha enjoyed the opportunity to ride the updrafts on the way out of town, and scouted the immediate vicinity before landing to be with her companions while making camp.

"Well, that was amazingly uneventful," Arriha said evenly, "I can't really decide if that is a good or bad thing."

OOC: Is Raston with us?

Last edited:

Garak will cast Cooling Canopy over the campsite once the day starts to heat up a little. This should cover everyone, and will last 11 hours. While the group is setting up camp, he will look for an opportunity to use Lesser Object Reading on something of Rakskon's (perhaps an eating utensil, during meal preparation). If he doesn't get a chance to do it without Rakskon seeing him, he will give it a miss. There will be plenty of time later.

As the group finished the meal and takes cover from the heat of the day, Garak asks
"So, Rakskon - tell us more about what we can expect when we arrive at Tenpug's Village? How have these steel-bearing gith been acting? Will we be helping defend the village, or going out into the wastes to seek the raiders?"

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
humble minion said:
As the group finished the meal and takes cover from the heat of the day, Garak asks
"So, Rakskon - tell us more about what we can expect when we arrive at Tenpug's Village? How have these steel-bearing gith been acting? Will we be helping defend the village, or going out into the wastes to seek the raiders?"

"They started raiding a couple weeks ago; by now, there are probably enough to launch a direct assault. There's no question that they intend to attack; I just hope we'll get there in time."

Jarval

Explorer
Settling himself under the shade of the cooling canopy, Uden listens to his companions and Rakskon talk.

"These gith, how many?" He asks Rakskon. "Do you know where they are getting food, water? Maybe we can take food and water from them, let the land and sun do our fighting."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Jarval said:
Settling himself under the shade of the cooling canopy, Uden listens to his companions and Rakskon talk.

"These gith, how many?" He asks Rakskon. "Do you know where they are getting food, water? Maybe we can take food and water from them, let the land and sun do our fighting."

"They number perhaps six or seven hundred; we don't know where they ship their supplies from, but they haul them in heavy carts, pulled by kanks. They've got a lot of supplies already, probably too many to starve them entirely, but I agree that hitting the supply lines would force their hand, give us a better shot at resisting the attack."

evileeyore

Mrrrph
What!?! Hundred=eck!

"Six or seven hundred?" Grykee squeeks. Then coughs. "Sorry, got some large numbers caught in my throat. Okay that changes things a little, not much, but a little."

Grykee shakes her head. "Okay a few questions to clarify some things:

How many in your village can fight to resist them? How many days are they from reaching you? How did your village first learn of their coming? How much is your village offering?"

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads