Black Widow

pukunui

Legend
Anyone seen Black Widow yet? I'm thinking of taking the girls to see it tomorrow. Will let you know what I think.

According to a local reviewer, it's one of the best MCU films yet and contains nods to James Bond and other spy movies, all of which is promising!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm not going to a theater in the near future.

I am, however, hopeful that it'll be good. I expect it'll read as less superhero, and more like any other normal human action movie, but that's okay.

Stalker0

Legend
I saw it tonight in IMAX.

my quick and dirty…a very average marvel movie.

action is…fine
Plot is…fine
Villain is…forgettable (aka fine for marvel movies).

the character interaction is the best part, especially with nat and her sister. But it’s not “amazing”, just good.

At the same time nothing rubbed me the wrong way, no plot point made me roll my eyes, no one did anything notably out of character, so I have no real complaints either.

so yeah…just solidly average

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
I saw it tonight in IMAX.

my quick and dirty…a very average marvel movie.

action is…fine
Plot is…fine
Villain is…forgettable (aka fine for marvel movies).

the character interaction is the best part, especially with nat and her sister. But it’s not “amazing”, just good.

At the same time nothing rubbed me the wrong way, no plot point made me roll my eyes, no one did anything notably out of character, so I have no real complaints either.

so yeah…just solidly average
I'd love to see an alternate universe MCU where a prime directive was to channel as much effort into the villains being interesting as the heros.

So forgettable....in so many films.

I'd love to see an alternate universe MCU where a prime directive was to channel as much effort into the villains being interesting as the heros.

So forgettable....in so many films.
If you spend more time with the villains, then you spend less time with the heroes. It's a trade off, and Marvel is about heroes.

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
If you spend more time with the villains, then you spend less time with the heroes. It's a trade off, and Marvel is about heroes.
The ratio seems off when many fans can't even name the main villain from 10+ of the movies.

Spiderman and X-Men villains get a lot of traction but then you have....alien bad guy from Avengers, alien bad guy from GotG, and alien bad guy from Thor....all of which I think are different from alien bad guys hanging around with Thanos?

The ratio seems off when many fans can't even name the main villain from 10+ of the movies.

Spiderman and X-Men villains get a lot of traction but then you have....alien bad guy from Avengers, alien bad guy from GotG, and alien bad guy from Thor....all of which I think are different from alien bad guys hanging around with Thanos?
The MCU movies have been more successful than the X-Men and Spiderman movies. The role of the villain in the MCU is to be punched by the hero.

You probably want to look at Batman movies if you want superhero movies about villains (and where the hero is a shadowy cypher).

Remove ads