• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blade the Series!?!

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Woah. Just saw a commercial for what was said to be Blade the Series on SpikeTV. I THINK it said it was premiering soon, too. Anyone else heard anything about this?

I wonder how good this will be. I always thought the Blade movies were okay, but nothing spectacular.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
-Checking the brain cap- ;)

Uhm...it has been talked about, for now, months. But to get you started, go here. And yes, June is the show date.
Dog Moon said:
Woah. Just saw a commercial for what was said to be Blade the Series on SpikeTV. I THINK it said it was premiering soon, too. Anyone else heard anything about this?

I wonder how good this will be. I always thought the Blade movies were okay, but nothing spectacular.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Truth Seeker said:
-Checking the brain cap- ;)

Uhm...it has been talked about, for now, months. But to get you started, go here. And yes, June is the show date.

Months? Jeez, shows how little I pay attention to the news and TV unless it's discussed frequently on EnWorld. I blame EnWorld for not caring enough about this show to have a big discussion to draw my attention.

jester47

First Post
Probably will be Highlander all over again. A really successful series inspired by a great movie that was followed by a few horrible sequals.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
The first two Blade movies are 2 of my favorites. Especially Blade 2. (I also don't think you can compare it to Highlander - the first two movies in the Blade series were smash hits at the box office and the third made $130 million all told, while Highlander was basically a low budget movie which flopped in the theaters - $6 million - but which got a cult following in video release)

Anyway, I had heard about this a while ago, but then nothing more. At the time I was under the impression they were going to get the guy from Spawn (Michael Jai-White) to play Blade. (Because although Wesley Snipes has largely been reduced to doing direct to DVD movies, he and David Goyer hate each other). Hmmm, now it seems they got a guy who I've never heard of, but has done a lot of TV

Ranger REG

Explorer
Dog Moon said:
Old news, dawg.

Dog Moon said:
Nothing spectacular about Highlander too other than have a cult following. Just don't know if I can handle a bald Blade. Maybe it's a vampire spin between rivals Tupac and Notorious BIG.

:] :] :] :]

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
trancejeremy said:
Especially Blade 2.

Please pardon the following rant....

I am sorry, but no. If Blade 2 had restricted itself to "magic", it'd have been fine. But their pseudoscience was horrible enough to completely ruin the show...

"They have hearts encased in bone." (As if mine is not? Let me introduce you to this thing called a ribcage!)

"They don't have jawbones, so they can bite harder!" (Um, guys, let me give you a little physics lesson on leverage.)

"And since they drink blood, when you give them anticoagulents, they explode." (Funny, I have lots of blood in me, and I don't explode...)

Ugh. Sorry. I'm done now...

gray stranger

First Post
I actually liked the science in blade 2, it's my favorite of the 3

I actually didn't notice any of the errors you mentioned but hey, I chose wisdom as my dump stat :uhoh:

P.S: I really did choose wisdom as my dump stat, I always forget things I should've written down, But I didn't write it down because I forgot to write it down while I was getting a pen, stuff like that

glass

(he, him)
Dog Moon said:
Months? Jeez, shows how little I pay attention to the news and TV unless it's discussed frequently on EnWorld. I blame EnWorld for not caring enough about this show to have a big discussion to draw my attention.
I missed it too, so don't feel to bad.

glass.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Dog Moon said:
Amazing what you can find out with a quick glance at it now and then, the newshounds do a fantastic job. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads