• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bladesinger build - help and advice wanted!

James McMurray

First Post
I'd increase caster level via EK myself. With Arcane Strike you want as many EK levels as you can squeeze in, for the high BAB and better spells. Plus, the versatility that wizard levels gives you is pretty nice. Even at high levels there are still some pretty useful 1st-4th level utility spells, and some really nice buffs.

Tar-Edhel

First Post
Fingers Boggis said:
dervish would give some quite nice bonii but as a DM i wouldnt allow another PrC in the Progression.

Fingers
I got to admit that a Fighter/Swashbuckler/Wizard/Blade Singer/SpellSword Elven maiden is already a bit cheesy :D

OK, I'm torn between Ek and Dervish. The haste/Song of Fury/dervish dance is tempting... 6 attacks and a move (60' thanks to Haste) in one round :) But so are 5th level spells to fuel my Arcane strike...

Hmm...one level or Dervish and 2 of wizards?

Of course, I still have plenty of time to consider and change my mind ;)

Fingers Boggis

First Post
this is why i often create the character the day before the first game of a new campaign, no time to change my mind considering the endless possibilities lol. unfortunately it also means that few of my box file of "im bored, ill make a character" characters ever get played. hohum the trials of character generation junkie

Fingers

LordAO

First Post
13luAcid said:
you might want to only go up to 7th level in bds because song of fury really isn;t that great...

Isn't that great? I'm afraid I have to disagree. Everyone is always talking about how awesome Rapid Shot is, and this is the same basic thing for melee. Quite cool, IMHO.

Remove ads