• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bleach - Millenium of Souls (Recruiting)

Vincent Tempes

First Post
Well things seem to be moving along rather well. Two fully completed charachters now, two concepts, and one kind of idling.

Since Jemal is pretty much handling all of my editing jobs, I've got little more to say other than... uh... Hurry up damnit! Heh

Jemal

Adventurer
er.. sorry, if you'd like me to stop, feel free to say so. ;)

Also, as asked before - Anybody got a partial to post so we can see what else we got comin?

Avalon®

First Post
How about this?

It's a partial of the powers for the shikai of my combat char.

Feats:

Powers:

Growth 3 (Continuous [+1], Permanent [-1], Innate) – 10 pp

Proteus (Shikai Form) – Container

-Everchanging Blade (Array 15)
--Base: Strike 3 (Slashing, Autofire [+2], Mighty, Extended Reach
--AP: Strike 3 (Bludgeoning, Knockback [+1], Mighty, Extended Reach, Knockback 13, Penetrating 2)
--AP:
-Counter Helix – Damage 10 (Reaction [+4], Burst Area [+1], Only after being hit by a melee attack [-2],

Vincent Tempes

First Post
Away!

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I'm going to be away till sometime this weekend. Feel free to lay on the character concepts for when I'm gone.

Avalon, in regards to your concept, the only thing I might have a problem with is the reactive counter-attack. Gonna ponder it on my week off, otherwise, looks nifty so far. =)

Jemal

Adventurer
Avalon - How'd you work out the costing on the Counter Helix? I've never seen an example of 'getting hit in melee' being worth a -2 flaw. In fact, the only -2 flaw i can think of is a side effect = the power of the original going off every time you use the power. The closest I could think of to what you're trying for would be the Limited flaw (Only Usable after being struck in Melee), which is a -1.

Jemal

Adventurer
Also, a question (for the DM and/or other people to debate)

How do extended reach/Elongation work against Reflective armour and/or avalon's counter-helix?

For example, whenever I'm struck by a physical melee attack that's repelled by my impervious, the attacker must save vs however much was reflected... what if he's using an extended reach attack? THe descriptor of my power is that it's a counter-strike, but how would I counter-attack someone 10 or 20 or 50' away?

Likewise, my SHikai's main attack form is a Melee strike, but it's a 'flame whip', 50' long and made of fire. Would someone be able to counter-attack against it/ (depending on their descriptor)?

Avalon®

First Post
Jemal said:
Avalon - How'd you work out the costing on the Counter Helix? I've never seen an example of 'getting hit in melee' being worth a -2 flaw. In fact, the only -2 flaw i can think of is a side effect = the power of the original going off every time you use the power. The closest I could think of to what you're trying for would be the Limited flaw (Only Usable after being struck in Melee), which is a -1.

My bad. The flaw was supposed to be "Only after being hit by a physical melee attack". I figured that you can have a limited flaw of "Only if hit by a physical attack" would be a -1 and thus "Only on a physical melee attack" would merit something like a -2.

There's a presedent to this anyway. Take a look at the offered flaws for the Absorption power in UP p.128.

Jemal

Adventurer
SO.. how bout that local sports team, eh?

*How's things going? Vincent posted he'd be away till the weekend and it's now the next Wednesday, and nobody else has posted anymore character info/questions..

Remove ads