• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BLEB1: Beer Run (stonegod - Designated Driver)

ajanders

Explorer
stonegod said:
OOC: Wik hasn't posted here, though he's been elsewhere. Someone might want to shoot him an email. Same goes for Someone's character Tam: until I hear from either, their PCs are MIA.

Kenn notices that Khoros is nowhere to be seen; he seems to have stayed with the cart. Grumbling, he searches more thoroughly... and does find what appears to be a set of heavy tracks. Large feet, but not exactly booted... not skeletal or paw either. He's at a loss to describe it. However, even finding it, following in the scrub will be next to impossible without training.

Are these narratively large feet or mechanically Large-creature-size feet?

Kenn looks at the tracks for a moment, regretting he never took army scout training.
Then again, it would have required less bathing then he found aesthetic.
"So, something large started here, then left the hovel to go..."
Confused and a little irritated, he looks back up the hill.

There's a large humanoid in the woods, possibly undead, possibly burning hovels for fun.
Tam and Khoros have disappeared, leaving the party cart guarded by an eight-year old boy.

A shadowy streak of profanity blurs past the adventurers by the hut as Kenn dashes for the cart.
I don't know where they've gone, but if they've left that kid alone...

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
ajanders said:
Tam and Khoros have disappeared, leaving the party cart guarded by an eight-year old boy.
OOC: A misunderstanding here... Tam and Khoros are w/ the cart, they are not participating other than guarding until their brains come back for the most part.

ajanders

Explorer
stonegod said:
OOC: A misunderstanding here... Tam and Khoros are w/ the cart, they are not participating other than guarding until their brains come back for the most part.

Ah.
In that case, Kenn does not run to the cart.

He does, however, start watching the woods carefully for anything coming towards the smoke.
"Anybody here know how to track?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Every looks at Kenn's query without a positive answer. Apparently, no one does. After a moment, the Cyran sighs and examines the body, looking for something Rio missed. And he does---signs that the body was beaten and slashed before it burned to death. [Take 20 on Heal]

Mardigan plunges into the smoke. He's fine initially, and after a few moments stumbles into the corpse of a woman with a viscious stab wound through her chest. It is then the smoke overcomes him, but after a moment, he shrugs it off. As he gets his breath, he notices something that he can't quite make out, so he drags it out of the shed.

OOC: Fort vs. smoke (1d20 5=22, 1d20 5=7, 1d20 5=16, 1d20 5=21, 1d20 5=20)

What the group finds is a surprise---a warforged, its living tissue apparently consumed in the blaze, the rest of it badly burned as well.

ajanders

Explorer
Kenn moves back towards Mardigan.
"We should consider a quick burial and a quick retreat. Something big walked away from this, but I don't know how big or where."

Moggthegob

First Post
"Perfect, I agree entirely" Mardigan, keeps a steely resolve and sets the bodies down. He helps Rio with the burial and quickly resets the cart to go.

Wik

First Post
OOC: Wik is back. I thought this game had sort of "died", and forgot all about it. I can work Khoros back in as you please.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads