BLEB1: Beer Run (stonegod - Designated Driver)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The group makes their way to the Orien station to arrange shipping over the rail to Korth where they will pick up a ferry to Thaloist. The straining cart gets a eye over by the attendant who takes it to a large frame of timbers that act as a scale. Hmm. Bit over a ton, eh? To Korth? That'll have to be the Sunrise Limited tomorrow. Gonna be 130 gold for the cargo alone, normal fares for the rest. Pays your tickets at the counter once you mind is a made.

OOC: 130gp for cargo, 28 gold and 2 silver standard fare for each person, while steerage is 4 gold, 2 silver, and 3 copper. The train will get you there latter in the day tomorrow; departure is 6am sharp. DrownedHero: Please mark off the cost whatever the group decides.

After handling the cargo, Kenn returns with the cart to the salavage market of S. and Son. The old man is quite put out by his return. Lamont! It be those outlanders again! Goin' to be complaining about the merchandise! Oh, Keeper, they want to put out my weak heart, I know it! Probably got old Esther a-killed, too!

Lamont, shaking his head, negotiates 10 galifars for the return of Esther and the cart. Kenn, covertly eying the solider set, gets its price down to 20 gold coins, for a net 10 galifar cost if he so decides.

ajanders

Explorer
"Spoon?"
Kenn rolls his eyes.
"It's supposed to communicate your desire to slay your foe, not propose interesting positions for bedtime."
Kenn ponders for a moment. "Someone from Aundair used the phrase "Red Dragon Spirit Star Sword Attack!" for a day or two. As I recall, someone shot him somewhere between the Spirit and the Star. It was awfully prolix."
Kenn's face brightens. "How about "Sneak Attack"?"

Drowned Hero

First Post
ooc: 219 g total i make it. Happy new year btw :D

Khuther decides to maintain kenn's hair for some more hours 'Any battlecry should be single word, at most two word like 'kill or smash' or something' 'a unkle of mine allways called 'by my mug!' 'he got kills too ten years ago'

ajanders

Explorer
Kenn rolls his eyes but politely refrains from commenting on the martial prowess of Kuther's ancestors.
The Heron Guard models are snaffled and Kenn suggests the party sleep where they can monitor their cargo best.
He regrets that's likely to be in steerage.

Do we need to check with Lloyds for news of trouble on the lake?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Kenn suggests the party sleep where they can monitor their cargo best.
He regrets that's likely to be in steerage.
Cargo is in its own cart, guarded by several Blademarks. The closest cabins would be steerage, but you're not allowed in to check your cargo regardless.

ajanders

Explorer
Kenn raises an eyebrow at the notion of a trader not being allowed to monitor his own cargo.
"Kuther, old tod, we'll likely want to make sure we mark all our casks in and out."
"I presume, then, the carrier takes full responsibility for the cargo and insurance?"
(Considering every form of travel we were on coming out here was attacked, it seems like a valid concern.)

And since we can't check on our cargo, first class is the only way to sail or rail.

Drowned Hero

First Post
Kenn raises an eyebrow at the notion of a trader not being allowed to monitor his own cargo.
"Kuther, old tod, we'll likely want to make sure we mark all our casks in and out."
"I presume, then, the carrier takes full responsibility for the cargo and insurance?"
(Considering every form of travel we were on coming out here was attacked, it seems like a valid concern.)

And since we can't check on our cargo, first class is the only way to sail or rail.

'I think i can use my dragonmark to seal all the cargo' 'would take a bit of time though' 'wont be a problem i think'

Patlin

Explorer
Rio will practice (both his bladework, which is adequate, and his sorcery, which is not) and generally stay on guard. Based on experience, an attack seems likely.

ajanders

Explorer
Mindful of their last experiences, Kenn suggests that in case of emergency, they meet at the sternmost lifeboat on the port side of the ship.
He will be very unhappy if the ferry has no lifeboats.

Remove ads