BLEB1: Beer Run (stonegod - Designated Driver)

ajanders

Explorer
Kenn grins.
"That seems to answer our question. I don't think that mule is capable of moving fast enough to strain the cart. Wagons ho!"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The porters manage to strap everything to the wagon with a bit of difficulty, but it looks sturdy enough. Mardigan does what he can to supervise.

It as this point that the quiet Tam mentions something is up with the boy. Fritz has got a bug or something, and its hurting him bad. Apparently, Khoros knew one of the servants on the ir'Tain airship and is going to be able to sneak the three of them (and the dog) aboard in order to get Fritz home much, much sooner than the wagon. Tam mentions they'll meet up at the Shard after they get back to give Brews the news.

With that, the group has the rest of the night to do what they want in preparation for the rest of the journey.

OOC: I'm writing out Tam, Khoros, and Fritz at this point. I'm hanging onto Mardigan in case Mog shows back up, but I'm not holding my breath. Not planning on dragging this out too much longer.

Drowned Hero

First Post
Khuther looks at Kenn and Rio 'Seems we are all settled then it seems' 'unless you need me for anything i will be at the tavern drinking a bit of wine'

ajanders

Explorer
Kenn is in relative agreement with Rio, though he suggests waiting until morning rather than pulling out in the dead of night.

"We're not in that much of a hurry, are we, old chaps? Besides, a fellah could hurt himself stumbling around in the bally old dark. Much better to hurt yourself stumbling around in the light, so you can properly swear at what you're stumbling on."

Kenn nips out early in the evening to purchase a kukri, or, if necessary, a hand axe (though he feels a hand axe is terribly gauche and won't mention it to anyone).
He comes back with that and some takeaway for himself and Rio to share while they stand watch.
"It was bouilliabaisse or Shadow March gumbo. The gumbo looks like somebody boiled an innocent tide pool and added hot sauce."
Kenn frowns as he opens the wine and pours.
"I almost got some for use as a weapon, but there's got to be a clause in a treaty somewhere forbidding that kind of thing."

After dinner he slouches about the wagon, watching the mule, the casks, Rio, and the surroundings about equally.

Remove ads