• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blinded

zlorf

First Post
I like the RAW. Whats to argue..??? with who?

We played the other day and the DM said you cannot target a square if blinded...thats the way we played. After the session we check the rules to see if that the way it plays..and it seems it isn't. I could go to my DM and say page X says this and he might say oh, pretty silly wheres the realism in that..the players might all chip in and say..lets play by the RAW. And tha may happen or may not. :)

If the trust comment is related to removing miniatures...then we dont remove mini we put blue things under them to remind us we and the other players we are invis. As a DM though it is no uncommon to remove a mini is it is invis or all the player or even sone are blinded...seems like a good idea and helps leviate any metagaming in some situations. My removing figures was an example...and yes tongue in cheek.

I rest my case!!!!

Cheers
Z

The RAW is fairly clear. Your problem doesn't seem to be a rules problem but rather a trust problem. Insisting on using the RAW doesn't insulate you from trust issues, better to fix those than argue back and forth about the RAW and their application.

zlorf

First Post
Nowhere did i say i argue with my DM.

Right...there is no case...Sorry for the sarcasm...(i will make this clearer in the future..oh look maybe i'll use more Smilies :cool:

The rules are very clear and my DM will be informed of this ASAP...i will call
for backup from the others players and hurl our dice at the DM if he doesnt see it our way. :) ..If the monster stend to be attacking me alot more next session..i will know why. :lol: ;)

The poster meant arguing with your DM.

Which case are you resting? The rules are clear.

Syrsuro

First Post
The difference between targetting an invisible creature (targetting what you cannot see) and attacking while blind is that you have no way of orienting yourself when blind (aside from auditory cues).

Lets say you think your opponent is over by the doorway. How do you actually know that you are facing the doorway and not the square next to the doorway or even a completely different direction.

I definately think that it should be far more difficult to target while blind - more so than simply attacking an invisible opponent.

I'd probably require a perception check (minor action) to see if the player had correctly oriented himself - with a chance to hit the wrong target in the area.

Carl

Last edited:

Remove ads