• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blobs arty thread

blobsticks

First Post
Cheers Ashy! :)

Torstan, these are all digital, Painter X and PS7, I only wish I was good enough to work traditionally! :/

Nebulous.. you n me both, man! If only, lol :)

Here are a couple more recent personal pieces..

Greeny
72dpi-walker2.jpg

Copyright (C) 2008 Scott Purdy.

Demon
72dpi-uglee06.jpg

Copyright (C) 2008 Scott Purdy.

blobsticks

First Post
Zombie Portrait

Here's a new one done this evening, using Art Rage 2.. a very nifty cheap little art package if you can't afford Painter or PS..

By purdy
Copyright (C) 2008 Scott Purdy

blobsticks

First Post
Thread necro, sorry :)

A handful of newer pieces..
These two Skull Cave images will be available for license on illodeli.com very soon.
purdy-skullcave-vert.jpg

Copyright Scott Purdy

Vampiress
72dpi-vampires1-9.jpg

Copyright Scott Purdy

Some Dragon Warriors artwork..
72dpi-harpy1-3.jpg

Copyright Magnum Opus Press/Scott Purdy
72dpi-wyvern1-3.jpg

Copyright Magnum Opus Press/Scott Purdy

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Wow, I haven't checked in for a while.

Your b/w stuff is as good as ever, Purdy-- as far as I am concerned it's still the standard I judge everyone else by.

But I think your color work is improving at an astonishing rate.

(I say that as a know-nothin' consumer, of course.)

Are you doing the color pieces on your own these days, or are you collaborating with anyone?

blobsticks

First Post
Cheers Wulf/Ben or whatever you liked to be called on here! ;)

Damn, I still get no email telling me someone has replied to my subscribed thread, weird.

Anyway, this is all me mate, I've not collaborated for a long, long time now. I'm just practicing in my own time to get my colour up to speed, I'm glad you're liking it!
Of course I'm always interested in collaborations, with the right person/people. :)

So how goes it in your neck of the woods? You up to any secret squirrel RPG biz at all? :)

blobsticks

First Post
My Art Book

I've finally been allowed to release a couple of images from my new instructional art book published by Impact! You can take a look at it on Amazon here...> [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Goblinoids-Paint-Goblins-Other-Creatures/dp/1600611826/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1232727463&sr=1-12]Goblinoids: How to Draw and Paint Goblins, Orcs and Other Dark Creatures: Amazon.co.uk: Scott Purdy: Books[/ame]
You can even flip through a few pages of the book :)

So yeah, here are a couple of characters from the book! :)

TROLL SHAMAN

Name: Widemouth Feathernest

Description:

Widemouth’s shamanic powers are exceptional. She is able to heal, summon nature spirits, commune with nature by putting herself into a trance using a complicated mix of drumbeats.

She decorates herself with all things that nature can provide, from feathers, fur, leather, ink and bone jewelry.

She is peaceful by nature, happy living in her cave on the highest mountain peak, drumming her drum and befriending animals and plants. Beware if you disturb her though, apparently she is no longer a vegetarian.
trollshaman1-7.jpg

Image Copyright (C) 2009 Scott Purdy/Impact

HALF-ORC MOUNTAIN WANDERER

Name: Reskin Lonewalker

Description:

Reskin wanders the Oggish Mountain ranges, looking out for adventurers in need of aid against goblinoid raiders, rescue from freezing snow storms or a little company for those who need it over the arching mountains. He is a loner, happiest in his own company and also very happy slaying the evil goblinoids whenever he gets the opportunity.

He has taught himself survival in the harshest of winters on the mountains, while others will wither and die he will be strong and fit, in a cave with his infamous ‘hot goblin brain broth’. Not the most appetizing meal, but one that supplies him with most of the nutrients he needs.
halforcmountainwanderer1-4.jpg

Image Copyright (C) 2009 Scott Purdy/Impact

I'm really excited by this book, please take a look at the art and the book if you have the time and let me know what you think, good or bad comments welcome :)

Cheers!

ATOM

First Post
Great Artwork Blobsticks! Your Digital work is really attained that upper echeon of professionality! You have some great styling and ideas too.

Remove ads